The Soulless Duchess

So glad that there's actually someone manning up! Thank you all that put effort into sharing this series.

The drama is like a side entertainment. Back in the days, sniping was never an issue because there was no such thing when it comes to fan translations. People do it cuz they want to. They do it cuz they feel they are providing better HQ (slower) or faster (lower quality) translations.

Sniping only became a thing cuz at some point, groups started getting tired of the race to release and feeling efforts and resources are being wasted on everyone working on the same series. Then all the hate messages started getting out of hand and many disheartened translators decided to leave the drama and get on with life due to the scan group dramas and lack of appreciation from the hungry mongers that only spam the forums and chats with "when's the next chapter?"

Ooooh, so this is what "the plan" and that magic was all about !! They used her maid to worsen her reputation inside the castle and get her either thrown out and hated or even k*lled if things get too bad, so imagine if she was like any noble, just staying in her room and not actually seeing the workers for who they are, and them not seeing her for who they are, wouldn't it make it easier to create and spread rumors across the castle and maybe even the whole northern territory, waaaah, I hope someone notices that there's something wrong with her maid, I mean they have magicians and sorcerers don't they ? Also wtf, isn't the actual rumor about her and Claude that they are in love with each other...etc ??? So whaaaat ?? Ah and also I just remembered who Stefan is, so I guess that when he returns and finally sees the maid (since she came when they weren't there) he'll notice the magic, he's a being far stronger and more sensitive to this kind if thing after all, but isn't Ivona also supposed to be sensitive to that kind of thing so what ? Or maybe is she just testing the waters ?? Well, I don't know, anyway, thanks for your translation and for continuing this series dear KJscans, it's sad that NoNameGroup was treated like that, I mean D&A might find it rude but it's not like it's their series, they're not being good people to the artists and authors either so yeah (also that petty thing at the end were they posted a spoiler, are they for real ??!!), and us as readers are also guilty since we eat someone else's hard work for free, but in a way it's good for us so that we can know if the comic is worth our time and money or not, and the scanlation groups buy the raws or take it from someone who bought it, and since it isn't officially translated in English yet I think that a lot people read it here then go buy the chapters in the raws to support the artists, at least I think they do, and if it's somewhere for free already then I don't know. Anyway, still thank you very much for your hard work, you're also giving up your time for this project and doing it for free as well (except for the donations) so yup, thanks again !

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

i don't understand why people are supporting the snipers... while i will agree both sides aren't 100% wrong in what their end goal is (letting users read comics for free), i understand why sniping is an issue. all of you here are reading this FOR FREE. who has to get the raws and pay for them? who is the one using their time to properly clean them and translate them? it's not your money going into it so ofc you don't think too much about it. you just care about whether or not the translations will continue. as opposed to 5 groups spending money on the same comic isn't it more efficient if they all worked on different comics? that is my take on why sniping is terrible and why we shouldn't support snipers. the translation groups might have already bought a ton of raws and even translated and cleaned some of them, but suddenly they're already uploaded by someone else? the least they could've done was contact the group. do it out of respect. money and time aren't free.

i sincerely thank all the scanlation groups for doing all of this FOR FREE so that we don't have to spend money to find gems like this. if i had time to spare to become a committed redrawer, cleaner or typesetter i would do it. these people are doing us a huge favour so i don't understand why none of their efforts are being appreciated and instead view them as petty. put yourself in their shoes and think about it.

Because it's not about cost-efficiency, it's about doing something you like as a hobby. If more than one group likes the same series, there's nothing wrong with that. They're all spending time and maybe money on raws and scanlation work, so I don't really get why one group supposedly has more right to their hobby just because they started first.

I also do not see why scanlation groups should be forced to translate other comics that they might not be interested in, just because the series they liked was already being translated by another group. If a group has decided to pour time and money into a series, they ought to be allowed to choose where they place their resources in.

What you call "snipers" are not actually doing anything more illegal than other groups. On the other hand, unofficial scanlators who start drama because of alternate translations, are making a fuss over something they have no rights to. They are being petty. Even if they work hard, spend a lot, and devote a lot of time to make top-quality scanlations, they are being petty.

Funny thing is at first lots of scanlator "wants" this, but now nobody wants to do this, thank you btw to the group who decided to translate this webtoon again.

Is anyone going to update or not? All this drama was caused with a group that would have actually stay dedicated into publishing the chapters; now that they've quit because they don't want to see their hard work go to waste, no body wants to translate anymore? Talking all hot at the bottom of the chapters but that's useless if no one's going to continue the damn updates. If it was gonna be like this you should have let the original scanlators do it the right way.

It's funny how people were getting praised for "sniping" so that the chapters could be uploaded quicker. Okay whatever, I appreciate that they were uploaded so quickly, but now we're stuck in a limbo with nothing being uploaded. I'd rather slow, promised, good quality, organized updates than quick, changing quality updates that might stop whenever.

And the thing you probably don't know about scanlation groups, is that the work as hard as they can for the best quality. Their updates may be slower at first, but when they get a bunch of chapters done, they'll release it all at once so that we can read 8 chapters at a time. So for all those saying that it would take "3 years" instead of 3 weeks if the og scanlators translated the series; it would most likely have ended the same way, except with better quality. Because let's face it, some of the chapters released by others were great, and some of them were pixelated with questionable fonts.

I want to say thank you for everyone (both the original group, and individual translators) who spent their time to translate the chapters properly, since I read it anyways. I really did appreciate the quick uploading.But if you're not gonna commit to it, then just don't irritate the ones who would've continued, until you "force" them into stopping. And yea they technically weren't forced, it was their choice. But the fact is that scanlator groups risk their legal safety to help people who can't buy or read comics in different languages; they are a close group of dedicated people, so of course when their work is undermined, they'd lose the inspiration to continue. Stop insulting them, making memes about them, and all the other bs. Especially since nothing's been updated in almost 2 weeks.

KKJ Scans has said they are going to be doing it with the other member I believe. They mention else where that some of their staff are in the middle of exams so it is slowing some of their releases.

I saw that they started uploading it, I wasn't sure because it has been a while but if that's the case then I'm just thankful they're picking up a good story that everyone else dropped.

it was about 10 days or so ago that they mentioned exams. So I'm guessing a mix of study time, exams, and then a little after exam kick-back before they get back into tling.

Again just a guess, but that is what I'd be doing.

Dex-chan lover
I am ok with waiting because the nice people translating are busy in life, just happy to know there are plans to keep going by someone and damn the drama.

SIGH why do people complain about not having chapters for 2weeks (and even before, a lot of people kept complaining even when it was just 5 days of no release for agathafk)?!

Seriously, scanlators have their own life too. Don't be feeling so entitled to complain and demand when we're all just getting these for free.

Besides, before it was one chapter in a month. This is still much better, yeah? We're at chapter 26 in just 2 months!

It's annoying to read comments where people complain instead of thank the translators for the FREE hard work.

Omg the constant sniping has really put me off from reading this. Guess imma drop it until the drama dies down

amissa25 idk if you're talking about me, but let me explain since you seem confused at where the problem is. The waiting isn't an issue since, yes, scanlators have their own lives. But the "snipers" "forced" the first scanlators off of the manga because they were taking "too long" and could update "faster", then snipers randomly stopped translating the manga. If they weren't going to keep going, they shouldn't have irritated the OGs until they quit. No one is blaming KKJ scans for taking a break. I hope they take their time and do great on their exams. And I'm sure we're all thankful that they have picked up the series after the bs everyone else caused.

I kinda miss the scanlation wars. I was checking this series every day multiple times a day just to see if someone had posted before it got taken down. The drama was fun to watch unfold.

Power Uploader
Please, guys, it’s been 22 days since the last “new” chapter, and 7 since our last upload. We’re almost done with the next couple of chapters. 🙏 There was a problem with position allocation and absences due to illness and exams, but it’s been resolved. Even if it hadn’t been, please be patient… We (MAS & KKJ) are working hard. 😭🥺💕

I understand that it can be frustrating, when it was being updated so quickly before. I hope that it is clear with our chapters that we are prioritizing quality and clarity over speed; taking the time to make sentences clearer and that flow, redrawing and translating the SFX…

It’s also worth noting that it was stressing out the previous groups to have to work so quickly, so please do not push those expectations on us; we are not being paid for this, and right off the bat I will say that we are not going to work our staff to the bone in order to satisfy potential readers. We merely want to produce quality scanlations of a series we love.

(This is related to why we are okay with snipers; if they want to release quickly for those who demand new chapters, we see no reason to stop that. We’d prefer that they join and help us directly, of course, but…)

If you’d like us to be faster, please, just join us! Any bit helps. TS, TL and QC for DES are taken, but other positions are open! Even if not helping out with DES, we can put out future chapters faster if our other commitments are taken care of, as we can then devote more of our time to it. No programs or experience needed before applying; I’m/we’re willing to teach.

Edit: Thank you all for the feedback! One comment in particular prompted this post to explain why things are how they are/how they will be in the future/how it can be sped up via contributions… I hope this helps clarify any questions you all might have. If you have more, please contact me on discord (calvitre#5133), or comment on our chapters, and hopefully we can leave the comments of this series’ main page as much as possible to be about the work itself.

Users who are viewing this thread