The Soulless Duchess

I read a few chapters and... Is it worth reading ? If someone can tell me because for now I'm not really convinced this deserves 8.5 stars x)
(My opinion)

@NokutanOkami I'm really enjoying it. I felt it started a little slow but as it goes on and the characters develop it gets really good, I especially enjoy this latest chapter.

ok claude u whipped for ur wife we get it...... but the princess' and lady julia's character growth 👁👄👁 women supporting women we LOVE to see it!<3

The slow burn is worth it. The romance is not rush and the ML is utterly smitten! The relationship between the FL and ML is adorable and wholesome. Thank you scanlation team for your hard work 🌸

[ And I'm loving the Princess and Lady Julias involvement in helping the epidemic. Would love to see them interact more with our FL. /spoiler]

Dex-chan lover
wait why is the title like this? "The Duchess With an Empty Soul "

im up to date current chapter on mangadex, but i still dont know what it means

Dex-chan lover
i can't help but singing the title of this in my head to the theme of the old Dominic Fera cartoon "The Genie with a Dirty Mind"

The romance is slow, but so is the plot. Barely much has happened in 60 chapters. The couple is cute, the premise is interesting, but the plot dragged a bit slowly.

@Drake98 I'm pretty sure that it's because in one of the earlier chapters they mentioned smth about whoever marries the duke probably has an empty soul or something along those lines

Ch 68
I get that maybe she reported the statue issue as part of her defense to the emperor's trying to bring her to his side. But really? Do you have to announce that a demon king would appears at the ball? In front of civilians (nobles, but still civilians)? Can't you report that sort of thing privately with the emperor? Won't that caused lots of panic? Or maybe you did that on purpose so that everyone is aware and then prepared for the battle?

I wish this story was the pre-time travel story. It's more interesting and the foreknowledge gives simple solutions to MC's problems (like always). Makes me root for the villain every time cause they become the character with an actual struggle.

23 chapters in and it's pretty shit, to be fair the starting was shit as well but I guess I kept reading because I kind of wanted to see her expose those bastards and get revenge but after I stopped reading I felt no urge to pick this back up again, it's just one of those expendable shitty manhwas that you read on a weekend and completely forget about it within a week, some people might find it interesting but this is a revenge story executed poorly, after the first couple chapters it turns into a shitty cliche romance with the aloof but cool Duke. Who knows it might get better later on but I'm not even invested enough in the characters to give it more time, I stuck out 80 chapters for some really shitty starting to manhwas because at least I cared for the characters, over here it's written so poorly that I could've give any less of a fuck for the MC whatever the fuck her name was.
4/10 dropped

"Makes me root for the villain every time cause they become the character with an actual struggle." Thats quite the hot take. You don't consider what happened to her originally to be "struggle"? It's also not as if her current life is effortless or without danger.

" In front of civilians (nobles, but still civilians)?"

The nobles explicitly aren't civilians. They are all responsible for the defence of their territories, which is why they get chastised for trying to offload it to the Duke.

"Or maybe you did that on purpose so that everyone is aware and then prepared for the battle?"

There's no maybe on that, she makes it explicit that that was the reason she did it.

In this story, there are a scum gong and slag shou. And they are doing bad thinks to Mc. But after her reincarnation, the karma visit them.

Double-page supporter
@Uthred Only the Head and the successor of an house with a fief/territory should be considered "non civilians" by default.

We get it, her ex and cousin are dicks; the duke and our FML are omegalul amazing - just do something about it already. 60+ chapters and still nothing -
she could've just revealed/proved a long time ago that gaspal can't summon for sh*t + his gay cheating relationship with her cousin, and it'd be the end of both of them

and having read the ending to the novel,
fck gaspal, you sick mofo who never learns; fck lady pemgrim, you traitorous backstabbing hoe (blue haired girl who wants to learn summoning); fck tristan or whatever he's called; fck the priest dude

Users who are viewing this thread