The Story Between a Dumb Prefect and a High School Girl with an Inappropriate Skirt Length - Vol. 13 Ch. 63 - A story about dumb new students and a c…

Dex-chan lover
I think she would accept it if they just continued with the battle manga that he was in last time pleasebringitbackitlookedsocool. Also, she's still joining?

Dex-chan lover
IIRC correctly, the club before was more subtle about it. I think the dumb prefect story is probably the continuation of the one showed earlier.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/d8a90a8b-a070-41e3-a5ad-42cf142a64fe/9

So it’s as BL as most shonen series, which is to say they weren’t actually BL series but when viewed a certain way, you can see it, like Naruto or Kuroko no Basket. Series where you can interpret BL undertone but it’s not actually about it.
Oh yea, I definitely remember that one. (Man, that felt like years ago the last time I seen it.) Though, like you said, it is more subtle BL in a Bromance way in a more action setting than downright romance. That is way tamer than what this new president made.

Dex-chan lover
Is that an Evangelion reference?

yEKHdaj.png

Dex-chan lover
I fucking love this.

And, God, I was so sad thinking we'd never see the Manga Club Ex-Prez again...

Dex-chan lover
So she'd be fine with it if he wasn't in a relationship...huh

Dex-chan lover
Practically my first experience with manga.

Always had comics since kindergarten, but one time at the house of a friend i saw dragon ball in his library and asked if i could read it.

It was the freezer saga, during the fight with Ginew. I had to reach like half the volume and use my knowledge of the anime to realize that i was reading it on reverse :haa:
It was the same experience for me as well. When I started reading manga.
Thought it will follow the usual left to right panel reading as a comic does. And just like you did, I came to realise how I was indeed reading it reverse by following a manga that I already watched the show of.

I believe this is a common case for many people that started with a manga without anyone's guidance on how to read them.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC correctly, the club before was more subtle about it.
So it’s as BL as most shonen series, which is to say they weren’t actually BL series but when viewed a certain way, you can see it, like Naruto or Kuroko no Basket. Series where you can interpret BL undertone but it’s not actually about it.
That's exactly it. The old version of the club wasn't about writing proper boys love. they thrived on platonic male friendships.

and honestly I don't know who is worse here. Blatant BL would be fine if it were self contained and created with that intent in mind, but the delusional BL people usually ruin everything by insisting very loudly and repeatedly that the one time two bros high five was a sign of their deeper affections for each other or something. Honestly that's way worse.

Dex-chan lover
That's exactly it. The old version of the club wasn't about writing proper boys love. they thrived on platonic male friendships.

and honestly I don't know who is worse here. Blatant BL would be fine if it were self contained and created with that intent in mind, but the delusional BL people usually ruin everything by insisting very loudly and repeatedly that the one time two bros high five was a sign of their deeper affections for each other or something. Honestly that's way worse.
Both can be really annoying but when they’re making their BL about real people, the blatant BL becomes so much more disturbing. Like, people trying to make a high five between you and your bro into a sign of romantic affection is off putting, but making fanfics of you 2 making out in a closet deserves to have them arrested

Users who are viewing this thread