The Story of a Waitress and Her Customer - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
ffs why even introduce a character if you're going to make them explicitly unlikeable 🙄

Dex-chan lover
hey bud idc how fucking tsundere you are dont fucking hit your crush. (yes i would say the same if genders were swapped im not a fan of that whole 'if someones messing with u they probably have a crush on you' bullshit)

wow I come back to this manga after a pause only to find a megane love rival who acts like an entitled brat and has the gall to make the FL feel bad for just looking at her crush. How old is he, 10?

Remember when the main complaint about this manga was the sweat levels?

Double-page supporter
see now last time i was like "aw he's just a jealous tsun friend who doesn't know how to express himself give him a chance" but now i am beginning to agree with u guys bro is rude asf and the other friends are just lowkey enabling it?? 😐

Dex-chan lover
YESSSSSSS go you motherfucking tomato chad, show that friend who's the OTP!

Dex-chan lover
That guy needs to get shot down fast before he becomes even more hated lol.

The blonde guy is an ass
images

Idk that dude kinda acts like a jerk. Getting all pouty and rude to his friend when he gets jealous. Control your emotions better yo, you literally bonked your friend on the head for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
Man ok, usually I don't do this kind of comments but come the fuck on author, the manga started kinda of ok but holy shit talk about annoying side character specially that friend, goddamn.

Double-page supporter
About damn time, shiraishi...
Genuinely! Do you want to be ntr'd?
I'd rather you didn't, i don't read ntr-tagged bullshit.

Double-page supporter
Get rid of him this guy hes toxic as fuck he yells belittle her tries n control her n even hits her wtf her friends just stand by n watch

this other guy is toxic af. such a bully. and don't say he's a tsun, that's why. tsun people don't try to control and hit you

I find it really interesting how much more negatively everyone is reacting to what is essentially just "male tsundere," despite how much some people want to exclude him from that category. I mean, I wish he'd get yeeted from the story too because I want more fluff time, but he's hardly a monster. The worst we've seen him do is what amounts to a light bonk - which is extremely common in manga and I doubt was intended to stand out at all. Compared to more extreme female tsunderes (Full on assault in chapter 2 of Toradora?) this guy is tame.

Dex-chan lover
@Eldistan

Writing "tsundere" well is a science unto itself. The issue isn't the harsh behavior on the outside, the key is that there has to be a golden core at the center. Taiga may be prone to violent outbursts, but as the story unfolds she is shown to be noble, caring and self-sacrificing. While YuujiI don't want to spoil Toradora for anyone so I won't go into detail.

Kaoru is completely aware that his love is unrequited, that Waitress sees him entirely as a platonic friend who is clearly trying her best to anticipate and manage his capricious outbursts (that's the part that's toxic! The physical violence is mostly just gross, it's how he uses it to exert control), but rather than support her (as a friend should!) he sabotages her romantic aspirations every chance he gets and punishes her for not complying with his own selfish desires. If he's supposed to be a tsundere type character intended to be loveable, he's an unmitigated failure. There is no golden core.

I don't think that's what the author's going for, in all fairness. I think Kaoru's supposed to be exactly what he is - a villainous antagonist who has to be thwarted by the hero actively pursuing the love interest rather than just admire her from afar.

Users who are viewing this thread