The Strange Adventure of a Broke Mercenary - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.2 - From Awakening to Promising (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@StarfallScratch Your counter argument is just as bad as anything you're complaining about. Let me explain the obvious here for a second, but even if these specific people would have been fine with it if the main character did that sort of thing, other people would surely have complained about it. They may even have presented the exact same "but what if the genders were reversed" point you made. That's because at the end of the day, this is bad behavior no matter who does it.

Whether you still like her or suddenly hate her for this development, you should probably be able to recognize that what she did is wrong, and she should take responsibility for it eventually. Then they could actually, possibly, start having a partnership with a sturdy foundation. It would be pretty disappointing if the author just glosses over it entirely because it can all work out in the end, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, or whatever the hell.

Double-page supporter
what a waste of my time 15 chapters reading and asking to be dropped ffs

Dex-chan lover
@StarfallScratch There's absolutely no romance behind her actions, and I'd be pissed no matter what gender does this. She's scamming him, there's no other way to put it. The story is still interesting, but it's perfectly reasonable for anyone to hate her; you certainly wouldn't be an incel just from that.

@introverchild How is she scamming him? From what I see the mc had no chance of paying anything if lapis didnt help him out. She only has one condition for him which is to travel with her. It seems reasonable enough. It probably would be even better if his debt went down while working with her, but he has to pay no interest which is pretty great. Edit - If you're talking about when she thought that she was penniless, she never said this out loud. I have no clue why, but she wasnt addressing him there. Edit 2 - Even if there was a scam (which there isnt), she's way better than that girl from this series https://mangadex.org/title/36514/29-sai-dokushin-wa-isekai-de-jiyuu-ni-ikita-katta who fucking raped him to keep him.

Double-page supporter
cute but i feel like you should just be honest girl

Wow the way the author decided to keep these two together is one that takes most of the goodwill built up with Lapis and throws it all away. Not taking one goblin ear yet taking a bunch of magical trinkets for herself when Loren and the silver party did most of the work keeping them all alive. Then lying to him about everything just to manipulate him while thinking of all the reasons asking him would be better then using him as an object when he could of left you to die. Not dropping but not sure how I’m supposed to like Lapis again.

The way she went about leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This is deceiving and manipulative no matter how you spin it. Omission of truth is still lying and they should have split any profits among the party. Instead we have this indentured servitude route the author has taken us...

lol remember reading this in the novel ages so nostalgic

also this part somewhat made me remember futari solo camp

Dex-chan lover
Lapis certainly went about this in a bad way but I don't think that it was really as bad as most comments put it. Yes making someone indebted to you and forcing them to go with you is a terrible thing to do but with how Loren sees the world it doesn't harm him nor does he have an issue with it.

The novel made his feelings on the matter a lot more clear, he started working as an adventurer in order to be able to survive, not to get rich or accomplish some big goal. He just needed a job that he could do with his skillset (fighting and some basic survival skills) and for all of his life was just floating around without any real purpose. He stuck with the mercenary group solely because that was what he grew up with and he was friends with the others in his group. He just wants to keep living while being around people he finds enjoyable to interact with. If he was opposed to being in a party with Lapis then he probably wouldn't have saved her in the first cave and definitely wouldn't have reminded her that once they got out of the pitfall trap they would likely be heading out of the ruins.

Lapis wasn't aware of all of his circumstances but they both wanted to continue partying with one another and thought it would be natural to continue going together (Loren a few chapters ago saying the "ship has sailed"). She went about it in this way because it was the first idea she had,
she grew up very sheltered in a wealthy family(nobility among demonkind)
as a person who had not a ton of social experience and had only spent a few weeks away from home so far. She was VERY uncomfortable with using money to keep him with her but ended up eventually deciding to do it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@introverchild How is she scamming him? From what I see the mc had no chance of paying anything if lapis didnt help him out. She only has one condition for him which is to travel with her. It seems reasonable enough. It probably would be even better if his debt went down while working with her, but he has to pay no interest which is pretty great. Edit - If you're talking about when she thought that she was penniless, she never said this out loud. I have no clue why, but she wasnt addressing him there. Edit 2 - Even if there was a scam (which there isnt), she's way better than that girl from this series https://mangadex.org/title/36514/29-sai-dokushin-wa-isekai-de-jiyuu-ni-ikita-katta who fucking raped him to keep him.
The scam is that she only got to that area with the help of the party, which is why treasure found is split between party members, she literally was carried, yes she helped with knowledge, but she couldn't have gotten through there on her own, but she pocketed all of the profit. Which is why he is still broke is he didn't get his cut of the profits, which she then loaned him money out what should have been his cut. What she did was robbing the party.

Absolute thot but whatever, scums can be interesting too. What is the most frustrating is how MC believes in every single word and let her do whatever she likes with him. Just another type of beta mc.
If he would notice what is going on and decided to play along, using her in his own way it would be sooo much more interesting than another retarded but kind, muscle-brain mc.

Dex-chan lover
Nah she is gonna keep him in dept for his entire live so he never leaves. I guess she might as well marry him lmao

Are we just not going to talk about how they left the two girls in there to keep getting violated with a "teehee, maybe the survey guys will rescue them, maybe not"? I get not feeling sorry for them, but to not rescue them and not even tell anyone about them? It's not like they were evil, they're just stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread