The Strongest Dull Prince's Secret Battle for the Throne - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Aggregator gang
Interesting premise, sadly the chapter is on the shorter side though it did sow some intrigue. The thing I'm looking out for is the dynamic between the two, it appears that they are on good terms and understand each other well, might make them bounce off each other in a fun way.

Thanks for the translations~

nice, finally some brother action like FMA, i've been searching for a manga with main character as both brothers and no avail

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't they just pledge their loyalty to another faction than the one that did the assassination? Being neutral or leading their own faction are not the only options here, and it would serve as a great middle finger to the one who saw them as a threat. Particularly if they make a hen out of it, showing that it was them stepping out of line that bought them more enemies (and more importantly, solidified another of their enemies). Requires them to know the culprit tho.

That, or they could just assassinate all three of them, supposedly they have got one of the top 5 in the younger twin, who should be able to get them alone from their bodyguards easily (if needed).

I hope the twins are brothers and no betraying happens. Way too many mangas use that plot point. Some good brothers taking on the world FMA style is always fun.

@feha from what I understood, no matter what they pledge, the big 3 already see twin brother as competition. So even if he pledges they probably think he is going to backstab them. Also I think (maybe wrong) killing each other might be forbidden by the Emperor. At least in my mind, killing anyone who is currently an active and important part of the countries strength should be off limits. (The general was sick and old, probably planning retirement.)

nope, what's more, the emperor endorse that kind of thing, he has like 13+ kids... also it's like tradition in that family? his dad killed his brothers, him I think it did it too.

Dex-chan lover
We thought he hated his brother. No, he just hated how he's more charismatic than he is. Everything else, he's being the big brother and making sure his other brother lives a good life.

Let there be no betrayal of brothers along the way.

Double-page supporter
Just assassinate the top three - not like anyone seems to care when people get assassinated anyways.

Interesting plot. It's a shame that there'd undoubtedly be a big breasted stupidly naive bimbo appearing next. Istg I cannot read any JP adventure mangas without that kind of character.

Okay, so-
They're only running for the throne because the top 3 candidates have recognized them as a threat, and their personalities would land our MC's family in a bad situation, which Leo cannot stand for.

Now here's the question-
Why not just tell them? Why not tell them your motive for joining the competition? The top 3 are not stupid, if they were, there'd be two motives, so just tell them that they're the ones who forced you to run! They can do something about it. Eliminating a threat earlier rather than later should just be getting priorities straight.

Seriously, their heads skip right over negotiation whenever they see something they'd rather not be up against.

Double-page supporter
Wait, so the brothers don't hate or reason each other? A genuinely care about each other? What. That doesn't happen in manga.

Well couldn't he assassinate the other three because they don't seem on good terms with each other... and they could become a threat to his brother after he becomes the emperor. No loose ends 🤣 but idk

Dex-chan lover
I like that they're getting along and not on each other throats

Dex-chan lover
This is what usually cause the downfall of countries. Rebellions, infighting, vying for the throne. Every time this happens, the country gets weaker and weaker, making them vulnerable to outside forces.
This is why many monarchies has adopted a strict line of succession to prevent confusion. First male child will get the throne. If died without an heir, their second brother, then third, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread