The Strongest Dull Prince's Secret Battle for the Throne - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
"The duke is so important that the prince sent an SS rank adventurer and his own brother to help out"

"clearly the duke's in a bad position here"

This is bad writing. The brother can mouth off all he wants, but the Duke would realise that he can't be alienated by the brothers, because he'd just fall into an enemy camp instead to get support from adventurers. The protagonist acting high and mighty is some rubbish stuff.

@Red225

I believe it's saying that the Duke would be alienated by adventurers, not the princes. It says in the chapter that Silver is well respected and shit so if the Duke made Silver look bad by turning him away, other adventurers would refuse to even bother with any future requests by the Duke. We haven't really seen enough of the world to really say, but I imagine adventurers are probably important and well respected in various ways so having adventurers essentially boycott your entire territory would probably be devastating (or at least extremely annoying).

The Prince is basically threatening not to mediate that. He's basically saying, "You guys fucked up by pissing off Silver, who we're buddies with enough that he'll listen to us when we ask. You guys better repay this offense to Silver (and by extension us) if you want us to talk to him and try to calm him down."

Or in other words, it doesn't matter if the princes alienate the Duke if the "unrelated" third party that are the adventurers take offense. It's a cats paw, essentially.

Double-page supporter
@Simpleton That is true... However, from the basis of the story so far, and from the viewpoint of the MC, she is of no true significance yet. I'm just worried that the author will do something along the lines of: The woman already knows that Silver is the Prince for a really idiotic reason, just for the author to have rationalise her to become a harem member. I already know it's a harem, but when they enter the harem for the dumbest reasons, it becomes very uninteresting.

Dex-chan lover
@XNovalX

Yea, others seem to have guessed that she'll recognize him as well.
It could happen, since she probably looked carefully at Silver's buff body in last chapter and sneaks peeks at the prince now.
It could even be salvaged from sheer idiocy if she only has a hunch (the convenient timing, and how the "worthless prince" is so considerably buff) but challenges the prince as if she has his number and he gets flustered enough to accidentally confirm it.

About true significance for MC: She does already have the significance of being dead smexy though (at least according to the butlers description last chapter). ;)

Double-page supporter
@Simpleton As a fellow man of culture, I too agree with her being 'smexy'.
QvXAXaw.jpg

@versub The problem with the 'obvious scam tactics' here is that everything he's said so far is true from the point of view of the other side. A SS-Rank adventurer showed up, claimed to be sent by the princes to help, even went to show his ID to prove his identity and was turned away like a nobody despite being functionally one of the 5 strongest people in the kingdom and a celebrity in the kingdom. If even someone that high ranked was treated like shit by a territory and it spread around no one lesser then him is going to want to go there because they'll assume even worst treatment for themselves. So if Silver WAS slighted he can use his celebrity status to spread around how he was treated and make adventures not go to his territory that is already having a monster problem they need more adventurers to deal with.....the exact problem Silver went there to solve.

From there the princes SEEMINGLY went to check on it and ask for some manner of compensation for their getting Silver to come help. He came by carriage so that it'd seem like he left after they sent Silver and assumed the SS rank adventurer would be there already since he just teleports places. They have demonstrated being close enough to at least get Silver to go somewhere so they definitely have more ability to convince him and mediate then the house that slighted him, and to some degree snubbing the help they sent also slights them in noble society.....this would make them want some degree of compensation that they generally would have no way to get due to their low status in the royal family but this situation gives them the ability to get it same as they could have tried to get something out of it for sending Silver to help in the first place if he performed well though less. (Functionally the duke's treating Silver poorly gives the princes double the reason to get something from that family. In this case support for their bid for the throne. Which might well have been hard to get with just sending Silver before since they'd consider a part of their gratitude paid to Silver himself unless he basically went 'No need for payment, the princes took care of it.'....which he might have been planning to do honestly if his first plan wasn't shot by the son being to high and mighty to even look over an ID. )

Honestly the most out of place bit here isn't anything the 'dull prince' did, its the assumption that he'd be trying to take revenge basically in addition to his stated goal of getting their support. Because killing his son or something will DEFINITELY make the Duke a stalwart person to depend on. Though to SOME degree it could be an attempt to show their willingness to make amends and possibly lessen what punishment might actually be given.......and then the girl jumped in. Which would provide legitimate benefits to both sides possibly assuming that there isn't anything they haven't told us yet. Connection to the two they are going to support to bring their family up higher if they win....and the princes get a tie that makes that family likely to actually support them and not just pay lip service to that.

Dex-chan lover
@Chaeden I don't agree with you on some points but I don't care enough for this manga to explain/discuss about it

Contributor
Despite the previous chapter being released only three weeks ago, I legitimately forgot that [MC = Silver].

Dex-chan lover
Thicc cute waifu appears.

I like that half the comments are about whether his scam is well planned or not, or about the boobs. "Plot" vs Plot, quite literally here.

Users who are viewing this thread