The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest - Vol. 6 Ch. 19 - The Strongest Sage, Leave The Demon Replying Job To...

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry guys, after making all the big talk and acting cool. . .

#RIPDEMONS

Double-page supporter
no one asking why the author make the demon use a tight outfit then roped by the arrow like some kind of "play"

Dex-chan lover
@saredesu I have to agree. It's kind of a staple for fantasy settings to have certain species just be "evil" as a basic aspect of their nature. Drow in Forgotten Realms are a good example of like an entire civilization that's just founded on ideals the other people on their world and the reader would consider evil, but it's the normal way of life for them. It pleases their psycho bitch goddess, too. Also a good example of the "token good guy" trope because of Drizzt.

The amount of series focused on some unexpected good guy member of a race are a bit too common since they don't really do anything terribly interesting with the idea most of the time. Basically, they tend to be stories where the character could have literally been any other thing and nothing would really change except the occasional "You're one of them? We can't trust you!" If you look at Drizzt again, you easily could have gotten that same effect anyway just by sticking a normal surface Elf in Dwarven lands, since those races don't really get along easily by design.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro Well I don't know that because I'm a weeb. But yea, in popular culture there are characters that are simply pests and can't be reasoned with. People need to get over it just because the design is a bit cute.

Dex-chan lover
in this case its less about them being an evil race and more that they're a group they are currently at war with, if they were humans they'd feel more guilt but it'd be the same shit

its not like they're just randomly killing demons, they killed 1 spy hiding in a school, 2 who came to attack them, 3 who were spying and planning on a mass attack against their capital, 2 who were being teleported outside the capital to attack them, and now 1 teleporting to the capital for a mass attack. i dont get whats even the point of talking about whether they're evil or whatever when they've already shown themselves to be enemies. save the debating for people who aren't currently attacking you or planning new ways to attack you.

omg how can demons be so stup, no wonder they went almost extinct if their "plan" is being cokcy, like a demon can literally be killed in front of them and they will think it's because they're different.
Also it's kind of creepy how they chant "subjugate" lol , they are obviously the enemy and all but it wouldn't kill you to take them prisioner and get info right?

Dex-chan lover
@thegoatrider If I had to guess, the author who wrote this when he was 14 years old doesn't feel like killing female characters.

Users who are viewing this thread