The Strongest Savior's Second Chance - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Ok... so author just stoped caring and gave the pen to his little 5yo brother to write in his stead I suppose? 🤓

Fed-Kun's army
It was cliche. but not really as cringy as in others. still very cringy though

Dex-chan lover
People are being bitchy about the fact that he said "the power of friendship"
but really he just teamed up with another person... ( who happened to be his friend )

Its nothing like those stupid Fairy Tail / One Piece moments where one of the main characters get a random power boost because the villain said mean things about them after taking a beating.
He just used teamwork/ extra numbers to defeat somebody strong, get over yourself people.

It's not like teamwork is illegal in anime/manga, neither is it bad writing if they have a legitimate reason like here ( using support magic because the girl have 0 fighting skills )
You are all just being unnecessarily butthurt about the wording that you don´t even bother to think about the context behind it.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal Fuck off with that shit. Nobody is arguing about the worldbuilding here. If the lines are clichéd, unfunny, uninteresting, ineffectual, unrealistic and downright cringeworthy, it's shitty writing, and if that's not extremely apparent to someone who's read more than three battle shonen and is now reading this, they should have no right to express their opinions on anything because they're dumb.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake

I guess you should not express your opinions then mate.
I said nothing about worldbuilding so at least we agree on that point, however.

Dex-chan lover
Surprised he didn’t turn into a power ranger or sailor scout after that line

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal Mechanics of magic are part of worldbuilding. Like, a hefty chunk of any paracosm that has magic in it.

Which is why the Fairy Tail thing sucked, by the way: Not the friendship thing, because that was always a thing from the very beginning. The finale just tread over all established rules about magic with not even a cursory McGuffin to justify it. So you're even wrong in that regard.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes. The power of "Nakama".
There was once a bunch of manga readers that were so entranced by the concept of "Nakama" they formed a scanlation group with the same name. They scanlated BL though....

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake

Oh, rules on how magic works( if they exist, some stories don´t have set rules for how magic works and use more fluid magic systems where magic can do basically anything )
is for sure part of the world-building...
But I never really argued over that?

And while I agree with you on the ending of fairy tail, it was never just the ending that made it so infamous.
They had "the power of friendship" asspull moments every other story arc and not just in the last one...
The reason fairy tail ( and one piece to a lesser degree ) got so infamous is that they used "the power of friendship" on pretty much every big villain in the story.
But I digress, back to what I was actually arguing about...

What I pointed out was that everybody was clenching their butts so hard they could implode, just from the words that were said that they never considered the actual context of what happened.
The reason they used support magic is that the girl was not really mentally prepared for a real fight, and that has nothing to do with the rules of magic.

Another thing I wanted to point out was that there never really was a "power of friendship" unless you count somebody using support magic as "the power of friendship"
But I mean anybody can do that even if they aren't friends.
They also never really got a "power boost" or pulled out some ace in the hole combination attack or anything like that ( unless you count the support magic ofc.. )
Had she actually been able to fight in the first place it would have been the same result but people would have been less upset about it with basically no difference in how the fight went...

Not to mention that In the next chapter...
the villain actually agrees with them that the only reason they won was that the MC had "friends" who backed him up and the demon king guy was fighting alone.

Honestly, I'm not even sure we are talking about the same thing at this point.

Double-page supporter
The dialogue fucking sucks like that friendship line had been memed to death on the internet that's it's hard to take it seriously "maybe true power was the friends we made along the way" also not to mention the lines are to literal.

Like imagine with Halo 2 as an example the Gravemind instead of saying "Fate had us meet as foes but this ring will make us brothers" That line of dialogue lots of ways to interpret that from we have a shared goal despite the conflict of our respective factions or the subtext of the Gravemind's true intentions shit like that. But imagine if it was changed to this "Fate had us meet as foes but once this is over we will all be flood" or some shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread