The Summer You Were There - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - To Shizuku

Group Leader
Thank you for reading!

Since this is the last chapter, I hope you don’t mind me giving out some shoutouts here.

Thank you punpu from 8888 for initially picking up this series and make me aware of this amazing series. Thank you for connecting me with Yanagikaze and be an inspiration for myself to get better at editing. I still can’t beat those wonderful credit pages of 8888, that’s for sure.

Thank you Yanagikaze for trusting me with the project and staying as the translator with me through the end. It’s a cliché, but I can safely say I couldn’t have done this without you.

Thank you everyone who reads our scanlation works. Thank you for all the kind words of encouragements that let us keep going.

Thank you publishers around the world who pick up this series and make it easy for people outside Japan to show their support.

And lastly, thank you Yuama-sensei and everyone at Ichijinsha who work on this wonderful manga. It’ll definitely be something I won’t ever forget.

This isn’t a goodbye, as volume 6 will come out on February 17, 2024. We’ll be working on the afterword and cover, and any volume extras if any.

You can pre-order the Japanese version from Amazon Japan or your local book store (Kinokuniya, etc.) If you don’t care about owning physical version, I highly recommend purchase digital version from Bookwalker as it’s the easiest way to show your support.

Until next time!

Dex-chan lover
I've never felt so devastated in my life. She answered all of our remaining questions and parted ways with Shizuku in such a beautiful yet bittersweet way. I could feel myself getting punched in the gut when I saw those tear marks on her letter. And that last panel... Indeed, this has been a story the two of them were writing together.

What a ride it was. I feel honored to have been a part of it and I'm sure I will miss them dearly. Thank you Yuama-sensei, for sharing this story with us. I'm looking forward to your next work as well.

Dex-chan lover
This is the hardest manga ive ever read. Because this is my wife and i, in another timeline. She wasn't much older when she got sick. I wasnt much older when i wanted to unalive myself.

But i wasnt there for her when she was at her worst. We werent together yet.

I never started writing again once i graduated college.

She's been in remission for almost ten years now.

And we've been married for only a few months.

And alas, i am a guy.

This whole series has felt like an alternate timeline for my life. Its been surreal. Overwhelming at times. Heartbreaking and validating in others. Ive asked my wife to not read this, i worry it will scare her, though shes a tough lil bean so im sure shell be fine.

Thank you for translating this. Thank you, Yuama, for this story. This emotional vacation into a hundred what ifs. Ive boughf all your licensed works in english and will continue to do so. Please follow Kaori's advice and continue to write. I secretly hope your next series will be ala bloom into you For Sayaka.

I'd like to see shizuku smile again.

Thank you again for your creation.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you Knowledge of Liberation for all of your hard work.
I was waiting to read your version and fully indulge in a proper scanlation.
That being said, I would like an epilogue with an well loved aging Shizuku being picked up by Kaori. Also I want to see how Shizuku will become an older sister model for Shiori.
Mangaka san please give us that.

Double-page supporter
everyone processes grief in different ways, and whilst this has an upbeat ending and it's all smiles and light, i still think the friends that barge into her room and force her to do stuff are incredibly shitty - yea yea 'it's for your own good' etc but it's super patronising and just insensitive

ps thanks to the scanlators for doing quality work this whole time (you can really tell the difference between ML translations and people that are literate)

Users who are viewing this thread