The Sword of Glory

This is one of this stories where tension keeps bulding every chapter, but some sort of catharsis yet to happen (at least by chapter 31). Very intresting story and great art noneless, I just prefer this type to binge read.

I want to like this. I really really REALLY want to like this. But the story jumps from the son to the dad and back again at such weird timings. And don’t even get me started on the jumps in logic galore. Not to mention we have dumb villains. The villains aren’t bad to be bad or for good reason, they’re lazily written to get us to hate them. It’s fine for a while but it gets bland. And the drama all this stokes up is just... too fucking much. I really like the art style, I like the general outline of the story, but the execution of everything leaves a LOT to be desired. Like I thought the son was the MC but then we spent so much time with the dad for over a dozen chapters that the story’s opening felt lost to me. It was one of those situations where we the read knew more than the character but the establishing chapter made it seem like the son was the focal point. And then diving into the father’s PoV left the story thread kind of... bare. I dunno, I feel like I’m talking outta my ass now. I still like this manhwa... I just... uhh

I feel refreshed with this type of manga, because I feel rewarded at every good turn of the story, which is very rare.
If the protagonist manages to reach happiness, it would feel all the more amazing.

There are worse stories out there but be warned. The author will set up stupidly predictable events as if to say "look what i'm about to do. you can't stop me", and many of these events will be incredibly frustrating. But not because the author is trying to make you sympathize with the characters, more like the author just wants to annoy you.

Seeing how many times the author loves to flip over to another character's part of the story, I feel like I'm better off waiting for the whole thing to be translated before reading it.

Fed-Kun's army
Unfortunately this series seems to be fully axed. I really liked it though, the art style is great and unique. I'd say the greatest demerit is the switching between the father and the son. There's a bunch of time between when they swap, whenever they switch I'm already fully absorbed in the previous story.

Users who are viewing this thread