The Tales of Marielle Clarac - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
And this emotional strife gonna be dragged around like a ball n' chain till the end run of this manga.

Simeon is 100% in the right. Her careless comments can get heard by the wrong person and boom a nasty rumor is started - the Crown Prince marriage isn't some funny matter, specially when you're inside the damn palace.

Also is pretty ridiculous how the first time he lost his cool in front of her suddenly she's all "idk what to say" and the thief dude is twisting it like he's some kinda of monster.... this shit is about to drag out isn't it? Why manga are incapable to move a narrative without stupid drama every damn time.

Dex-chan lover
@beazacha

Oh definitely. In fact, Marielle already knows better. Before, she would have kept all of her thoughts private and only spread them in the form of fictional writings.

She's only voicing out her thoughts here because Simeon accepted that part of her, but Simeon's reaction is a reminder that she is too much or at least that might be how she takes it. With that said, I'm not sure Simeon's reaction is due to this being of national importance. Marielle did notice that he appeared to be avoiding the subject, and it's possible that it was striking a nerve in him because you could easily swap the prince and Michelle for himself and Marielle. He is of higher status, so his marriage proposal isn't something that can be refused easily by Marielle. He is also clearly in love with Marielle and he wants this marriage, but Marielle on the other hand still doesn't quite understand this and hasn't really sorted out her feelings for him; in fact, she's kept her distance, emotionally speaking, even if she's accepted that he really is interested in marrying her, she doesn't understand why and continuously questions it.

I wouldn't say that the thief is making him out to be a monster, but he is toying with him since he's well aware that Simeon and Marielle are not at a point where they both love each other and trust each other. As for Marielle, even if she was getting out of hand, she still faced rejection so she might end up withdrawing into her shell. Well, this is normal as they are both fairly awkward.

I'm looking forward to see how it will progress in the next chapter. And also, what's up with Michelle.

He should be direct instead of shouting tho and he's also right about how she's trying to pin up her novel fantasy with her real world.. It's quite disturbing and wrong too

While it is true that Marielle and Simeon's relationship has gotten better but they're still so far apart from the lack of communication. While Simeon is aware and respects Marielle but leaving that would just only fuels her curiosity and thus attracts the trouble awaits.
And while I respect her enthusiasm of getting resources for her book but mixing of what is reality and fiction would harm her if her identity has been blown.

my heart sank when simeon yelled at her... bruh if this means she’s no longer comfortable talking to him about her thoughts, then maybe the thief might steal his role idk

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato
Also the thief (actually spy for his country) is toying with them because he's kind of falling in love with Marielle's intelligence and outlooks, and he wants her too.

Dex-chan lover
that was a good read, moooaarrrrrr
also thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread