The Thorn That Pierces Me - Ch. 4

Honestly what a shit mother. I can’t even imagine being like that to my family. She definitely hasn’t had an easy life and it’s not like she got much of a break. Fingers crossed she gets some fluffy romance.

I don't get it, MC's already old enough and even has a job plus she always intended to move out in the first place, so why does she care now if her mom gets married and starts another family? I mean I'm not defending the mom for mistreating her kid but unlike the crappy runaway father she at least raised her child despite everything. So, I don't see what's wrong with her wanting to move on with her life...?

i'm glad she finally spoke in this chapter since i was starting to think she was mute. (not that it would be a problem but now i have clarification)

Okay, so it's cleared that she can speak. Her life was sad. I wonder what's going to happen next

@Bekka-m @Silvthnaz

This situation is portraited really realistically. She doesn't see her mother as an abuser, it's not a hate, it's more of an indifference in sense of relationship mother-daughter. She knows her mother had it rough and suffered while doing her best... Yet as a child she cannot love her normally because she was hurt.

At the same time, she cares. Trust me on this, it's how it works in reality. Whether you're an adult or not... If your mother in this situation finds her happiness, it's as if you were left to suffer alone, as if she always shoved to your face how happy her life now is while your heart still hurts and will hurt for the rest of your life. It's jealousy, yes, but reasonable. She doesn't want to wish her bad but she feels like crap.

MD@Home
It’s tough wishing happiness on someone who basically made life miserable for you

Sigh... I binge so many of the isekai/villainess manwha, so I'm used to the cliches (I even adore some of them). But the abusive parents in the past life is one trend that I really get tired of seeing. Otherwise, I;m interested to see where this manwha ends up.

@Jevendatri

as if she always shoved to your face how happy her life now is while your heart still hurts and will hurt for the rest of your life

Not only that, her mother found happiness without her. It’s more of a concrete confirmation that her existence never brought her mom happiness, that she was the reason for her mother’s and her own suffering and pain. She feels abandoned hence the ‘ she is leaving me for another family’. It’s excruciating; knowing that your mom has found some sort of happiness that does not involve you at all, that she has somehow forgotten or not cared for you to encourage your happiness. Broke the news with a flimsy “ I’m sorry but”, as if that would fix anything. Her mother did not even apologise for the years of emotional neglect and emotional abuse, because she just still does not care. The FL was and is a mistake, thus the mother does not feel the needs to apologise. Or probably, not even se anything wrong with her behaviour. A whole ass mess

@Jedendvatri @Kriss10
In the end, no matter how emotionally mature she wanted to act, no matter how much she wanted to say that she understood everything, or how much she didn't resent her mother, deep down, she's still a little girl that deeply yearned to be loved or acknowledged at least once in her life. But her mother never did and instead shows that she's never once actually cared about her despite how much time passed.

If the story ends with her stay in that world with the blondie paladin i really wouldn't mind, she doesn't have anyone that consider as family anymore :(
Uh but wait it didn't clearly explained how she fell to that world?? Does she fell into that luminous puddle that was surrounded by birds or what????

Why no one speaking about her world tour being American cities hum hum? 'MURICA

Double-page supporter
Everyone's analysis on the comments below really hits home too hard.... At the end of the day, it feels like crap. "Ahh, so my mother/father could find happiness without me" "in the end me being here, i, wasnt enough to make him/her happy"

As someone who personally going through this, thought i was being oversensitive or just mentally unstable, but it seems like it was understandable(?) to a certain extent... and well i kinda fond find solace in that.... validation? Well not really but at least I know i didnt have screw loose on my head....

Wait so did she end up in one of those weird cults in Florida? Is the foreign language they're speaking English?

Aggregator gang
Shouldn't have picked SF, Boston, and freaking Florida as your destinations, of course you were going to fall into a shitty zombie world.

And I mean that in the kindest way possible to the residents of those cities, all those locations aren't all that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread