The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 39

@LordTrollbias

Don't forget too, they're supposed to be 18. Not exactly saying that's the pinnacle of maturity, but if you combine their being 18 at time of death, plus the 5 or so odd year they've been alive as Arjen and Arien, they'd be in their 20s. Not expecting them to be that mature, but at least not so stupid. Plus their reincarnation hasn't been mentioned since, so it's a useless plot point that we're supposed to remember to 'excuse' their 'maturity', even though they're sorely lacking it.

When they died, the were teenagers, right? If yes, then... teenagers should at least already know how to read the surrounding and situation. I kinda hope they will get better at judging people. But again, i think the author wants to stress that their behavior is the result from child abuse.

Group Leader
I’m only following this to read the rage in the comments, I already gave up reading this story xD

aye imagine being a fully developed 18 year olds, then reincarnating as helpless kids in another world and being amused by their own mother? It can be more difficult than the real situation where a child does not know the concept of abuse. They know they were being abused and how badly they were being treated after living a fairly normal life. It can mess with anyone's mental health. Which it did. Now they have trust issues, wanting someone to relate to and no basic perception of the world they live in. I think its understandable but it is just that it's dragging out a bit, I mean its been 40 chapters now and nothing notable is happening.

A very... understandable take for a trust issues plot. I wouldn't be surprised that if they never come to love their father.

I just kinda hope it speeds up. However, it does seem like the easiest way to integrate Jason into thr story. He's gotta actually be a guardian.

I already gave up on the whole reincarnation thing, story's much more fun without it. Doesn't seem like the author's gonna bring it back up anymore either.

Why does everyone think they're dumb? It's not because they are friendly towards Riolu that they trust him? I saw this chapter as them trying to help him "escape" his family, because even though they don't know he's been abused too, they know being an illegitimate children in this world is really equivalent to mental abuse from everyone. I take it as them trying to bond with him to have him open himself to them, before eventually building trust.
And, even though they aren't kids, they're only 18 from democratic and peaceful world. I wouldn't feel secure in this medieval-like world where you're in the center of politics and secret plots, without any weight because of their mother, without anyone to rely on (yet), and without any means to protect myself from anyone. And I'm 23. I wasn't stupid at 18, but I wasn't as much aware of all the little complexities and compromise life will throw at you as you grow.
So no, they're not kids anymore, but no, they're not adults yet.

PS: Oh, and what do you want them to learn in the 5 years they've been in this world when they were basically hiding all the time? They never even set foot outside the castle, and the only humans they could talk to was their mother, as the servants seemed to ignore them. Their life has been suspended during those years, with them being isolated like that. So for me, their mental age is still 18. Add to that they seemed to be happy in their previous life, and you have that freakful gap between dreaming teenagers and realistic adults.

at every chapter i see the comments section angrier omg

i really like the twins and some other characters so i'm enjoying this a whole lot still

I just want the twins to be happy😭

Thank you for the translation!!! ❤️❤️😍😍😍😘😘😘

If you read it without thinking that they were adults in their past life its actually a good read

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, here we go. More misunderstandings incoming about how the third prince hates their new scarred best friend -- probably just because he's a commoner or something and not because he's suspicious and conspiring to have them killed or anything.

I can see the story progressing from a mile away. Even the guy in question is like "the hell is wrong with these kids why are they acting like this?"

I can't stress enough how much this shouldn't have been an isekai. They could've just been twins with telepathic abilities and been born into that world normally and the story wouldn't have lost anything in it, in fact it would be more coherent. They act like they're the right age as it is. I almost feel like the author was either gently forced or regrets making it an isekai so is pretending that plot point never existed, so they can make them act adorable. But at the end of the day, it's like watching an adult act like a child.

this manhwa story line is so predictable that i'll be more shocked if things dont go as planned for anyone

4i3leb.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Wow these twins should pick up a bottle and start their way twords being alcoholics lol..

we keep reading this manhwa just because we want to know how is it the stupid story is going not because it's a good manhwa haha.

Finally! FINALLY!!! Aaaahhh I'm so happy we got one chapter without catastrophic misunderstandings 😍

Users who are viewing this thread