The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
"I am the worst father." Yep! Glad you're realizing this.
"If I had instilled in my children pride..." Umm... you realize that is practically the least of your failings as a father... Right?

Dex-chan lover
thank you, jason, your ability to state the obvious when no one else dares is much appreciated.

Dex-chan lover
I can’t believe it took nearly 50 chapters for someone to state the obvious. I don’t know why you bothered to hide your existence, Jason, but the emperor really DID need to hear that to his face. 🤧

it'd be better without the reincarnation trope, it feels like the author just wanted an excuse to write isekai story cuz it's the popular thing rn.

"hey, let's make them reincarnated so people will read this! it's popular rn. everyone loves isekai.

huh? MCs are naive and gullible so it doesn't make sense? lol, it's okay, people will still read this. everyone loves isekai."

them being 25 or something years old mentally did second to nothing. remember back in earlier chapter they said "we can't trust anyone"? (it's really there) look at how things are now.

No ❤️ you can be them but not your father , he obviously does not deserve to live at this point 🤡✋

I hope that he means just the rest of the family, he seems really smart and should know that the duke can't go around a death sentence

It would be better if the shitty emperor threatens duke rosea's son for the info without accepting the deal, kill him, then go to arien and arjen, save them, kill duke rosea, ruin the rosea family's reputation, strip them of their ranking, take away everything they have, and set arien and arjen free, 'cause let's face it, the twins want nothing to do with the royal family, and the shitty emperor is the worst father of all times.

Double-page supporter
I've always thought the fact that one person's sin should not mean the whole family is held responsible. Yes, execute the criminal and jail anyone complacent in the crime, but kill the whole family? I know it's used as a deterrent, but two wrongs don't make a right. Killing innocent children or some random second cousin who gets killed because his mother's uncle was a treasonous criminal. It's just so illogical and unjust.

Edit: Just to be clear when I said " jail anyone complacent in the crime" I'm talking about that boy. Yes he's an underage child by modern standards, but he clearly knew what his father was doing, that is was wrong and the consequences of his father's actions. There was very little he could do to stop his father except maybe betray his father and possible get his whole family killed. Not really any choice but just watch it all play out or make a run for it, and how likely would a child on his own not get caught or survive on the streets?

I love how the emperor already knew duke rosea escaped yet still acted so surprised when the red haired guardian said duke rosea's name as the kidnapper. Truly fitting with the so-called 'genius' royals backstory 😂

Fed-Kun's army
@Mojo Yes but like you said it is a deterrent.

In an age without security cameras it's easy to think "If I can just pull this off I'll win at life" and think it's worth trying. But if failure means the death of even your spouce, children, and relatives ... you'll think twice about gambling everyone's lives wont you?

At the same time you're family will be keeping an eye on you. If only you suffered for your crimes they might say "well if this goes bad it's on you" but if THEY DIE as well then it becomes "I will kill you myself before I like you gamble all our lives on your stupid plan"

Meaning while punishing the entire family is UNFAIR ... it's also effective at making people MUCH easier to control. This way only selfish idiots who are resourceful enough to be a problem without their families knowing or entire families that agreed to rebel together are a threat

bruh I swear the main characters are all working on two braincells every dilemma that came up would’ve been easily avoided had there been an ounce of common sense at work

ig the kids are excusable bcuz of their age and past but everyone else is killing me (and the kids) every chapter

Tbh I have the same thing to say about the son as kyle rittenhouse.

They're old enough to know murder is wrong, so they should be treated like adults.

Fed-Kun's army
@Eclat123 He didn't know, only the Princes knew. Two things happened the same time: The 1st Prince found out the Duke escaped, and Red hair Guardian informed the Emperor about the kidnapping.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the lil' shet sells out his dad because he's an even worse villain. his father is an asshole and this entire scheme works by coincidence. if redhead was strong then they would have been saved, but the children were kidnapped and he was mortally injured. it's all "plot" and it feels awfully groundless to leave it at that.

dad is an IDIOT. he tries to be considerate and "attempts" to observe (not talking to them) them but my god is it frustrating when all I've seen him be busy with is being called away by a servant or sitting on a throne out of the blue like this chapter. what an incompetent character, and I'm suppose to like him? as if saving them is going to change everything, the twins are in a life-threatening situation because of royal shenanigans and that dad is ignorant af and can't keep his vassals in-check. he practically handed the bastard this opportunity: I don't know if he is aware that the Duke almost raped his wife, anti-imperialist sentiments (that is already a flag), and THIS entire scheme

Dex-chan lover
Wow... That green haired kid is actually smart lol spare my family who was the one who started everything.. pft would work since the king is stupid
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread