The Twin Siblings' New Life

If the twins were teenagers and had a bit of social experiences, they should know that the world is not full of sociopaths like Rurahell. Thinking everyone hates them is just so wrong after people show so much care for them. Why did the author let them reincarnate? Being a native of that world, the author can do anything with their little minds without being illogical. This is the first ever webtoon that I do not like any single of the characters.

Them being reincarnated in this world is probably so they can slap on the "isekai" tag on it. This entire story could be done better (and their behaviors would be more tolerable) if they were simply 5-year olds.

Also, in my opinion it feels like the abuse was a cheap attempt to make them distrust everyone and drag out the story. It's inconsistent, especially if they have 20 years of another life to go off of.

Is the bug fixed??
Bug=isekai genre, 20 years old mentally but regressed to a 5 year old thinking
I'm not a masochist so I'm gonna drop it

@Skine They died — which is an traumatic experience in itself — as teenagers and immediately reincarnated as literal children, who were:

1) abused mentally and physically by their alcoholic "mother" and random servants daily for 5 years straight;

2) abandoned by their father and brothers (regardless of the reason the emperor presented, it's still abandonment);

3) developed codependency on each other due to their circumstances;

4) developed extreme paranoia, trust issues and abandonment issues;

5) The imperial family neither explains or tell the twins anything which triggers item 4 constantly which adds to stress.

It's trauma on top of trauma. Plus, they had no time to actually develop into actual functioning adults mentally, even if they're 23 years old.

I'm not even particularly that fond of the twins lmao. At the end of the day they're just fictional characters but it doesn't hurt to be mindful of the way people talk about trauma overall.

I'm going to fie from all these cliffhangers!! Please, an update with a couple chapters or more frequent ones. I'd give my left arm for it.

@cinnamoncookie ...they ARE completely traumatized. And their age doesn't take away any of the trauma, you can be traumatized as an adult too, why do you think ptsd exists in so many soldiers? And it's pretty clear why they don't ask him: they don't have any trust in him and he could have told them several things of their own accord, he just decided not to.
You all have to really think about what it means being a parent with 5-yo kids. You don't tell them a thing, because in your mind they do not have the maturity for it. Add to it that I don't know what the fuck the king is thinking and that no one in this damn family knows how to treat people with traumas or that they don't even try to understand the lives their kids/siblings have lived with their fucking mother and you get an explosion. They keep trying to "wait" for the twins to tell them things and they don't even realize that for that to happen they have to build trust first. They're treating rhem like completely functional 5-yo, something they're clearly not.
So yeah, the twins are innocent in all this. And they're ver well written thank you very much. It's nice to see a character with problems like those that actually ACTS like they have problems and not sweeps them under the carpet because "having a happy family automatically makes everything alright". There's an absolute oceab of works that treat people with traumas that way, as if they're just a small smudge that disappears with a bit of soap. So I'm really satisfied with the take on this work.
Maybe the problem lies with you and your capacity to sympathize.
More people like @koganegumo please.

@Arteme
If you think these entitled kids are well written, you're an idiot. Scratch that, they aren't kids. I unlike a bunch of these commenters have worked in a school for children and young adults with abusive histories and trauma. I also have ptsd from a very abusive childhood in and out of orphanages so I know what I'm talking about when I say these kids are an unrealistic depiction of trauma. I worked as a counselor for a few classes and I can say with 100% certainty these kids mindsets are not that of traumatized youths. Also, don't try to make any connections to real world stuff in how I review fictional characters in a fictional story, I'll shut that down quick.

Trauma and ptsd affect people a lot and their mental state of trust absolutely, but the writing spits in the face of that by having them trust this random noble. These are not children for one, they are capable of speaking, don't infantilize them. The problem is not how you're trying to portray it as. The problem is these youths are not acting how ptsd survivors have. Entitlement is not a symptom of ptsd and rarely goes hand in hand, and these youths are acting very entitled. I can't take their plight seriously if they don't reach out. They aren't retarded or braindead, they see how the prince went out of his way to harm himself in the sole purpose of protecting them. That is enough for any ptsd survivor or abuse survivor to at least reach out for a discussion. Then again, they arent really family. They make a point of their outsider status. so a lot of the bonds that would be there if they were actual family aren't. That's acceptable, but what isn't is them not even extending a hand or a question to the royal family. They cant have their cake and eat it too. You aren't a ptsd victim when one second you're untrusting and then the next you're demanding things from the people who are supposedly your abusers. That never happens. Sure the royal family isn't helping by being idiots, but don't pretend that the two levels of idiot are the same.
So you can talk down to all the windowlickers, but don't @ me . I will bend you over and rod you if you throw shade again.

No point of them being reincarnated from 20 fucking years old, cause they act like fucking kids anway. Instead of fucking reincarnating them from 20 years why not do smt around 11 years old, but that still wouldnt change the fact that the author is still competently clinging onto the the synopsis of "we can only trust ourselves!" because jesus christ when you've been shown constantly you can trust others, you still decide to jump to conclusions with limited information at the mental age of TWENTY FUCKING FIVE.

Also for some FUCKING REASON they are trusting that sketchy ass fucking dukes son, RATHER THAN THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PUTTING THEMSELVES IN DANGER AND CONSTANTLY PUTTING IN EFFORT ON THEIR BEHALVES. ALSO WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY MADE ABOUT NOT BEING IN THE BOOK YOUR 25 FUCKING YEARS OLD MENTALLY HOW DO YOU GET SO HUNG OVER THAT. NO SHIT YOUR NOT GONNA BE LISTED

Them acting like children can technically be explained away with 'they have the actual brains of infanta's. Their brains aren't developed enough to actually handle the mental state of their memories. But then again, that argument is completly fucked when ,oh actually observe them for a moment and notice that, even if the suck at it, they ARE capable of critical thinking.

I dont really care about what people say, its their own opinions after all, theyre entitled to it. Im just here for the amazing art/art style, I dont know why but I Love the character designs specially on the twins.

At this point how the author has depicted trauma doesn’t matter.

The fact of the matter is the main drama / plot / conflict of this story - over 40 CHAPTERS in - could have been resolved with one half a chapter’s worth of honest dialogue with the main cast.

That’s just bad writing. Dropping this which is such a shame. Thanks for translating it so far!

hhhhh I tried really hard to like this manhwa. the synopsis itself was intriguing and i was reading this from the very start this got picked up. this is just... nope. like, wtf. not to mention that this is already at 40 chapters and literally nothing happened (or at least, nothing interesting. character development who? this manhwa said they never heard of her 👋). it’s the same old misunderstandings and I just really want to punch the twins at this point, and tbh literally every character LMAO (besides a very few who actually have brain cells, like ishina and the 2nd prince etc). this is coming from someone who is a huge sucker for clichés and traditional tropes that ppl find tiring, and can always find a way to enjoy a terrible plot (and/or characters). but this is the first story that I aCtually despise. PLEASE give them some character development, this has so much potential but the author rlly went nope ✋. they cycle between acting/thinking like they were born yesterday, and thinking like they know everything there is to know about life. make it make seNse holy. the only reason im keeping tabs on this is b/c i wasted too much time reading this and just want to know how it ends. this is so frustrating... tysm to the translators, bless y’all, I would’ve dropped this the moment I realized the twins were complete idiots (aka, the beginning chapters 🧍‍♀️).

Finally the kids are getting A clue...!

I agree with other critiques that they're too enclosed in their self made protective bubble; how could they have not felt the concern of people outside of their crazy mother and cold servants? They had a life prior to this, no? Too much drama was focused on their misunderstanding. 40 is just too much, and drags the pacing of the plot.

just so ppl know
the twins arent adults they were 18 and korean age is different from age in america so basically theyre only 17 i think
obviously they still dont know the outside world as much as someone thats alrdy an adult cuz they died when they were still 'children'
and when youre a 'child' you tend to make mistakes like how the twins are misunderstanding things

i dont know much about korean so itd be better to search it to get a better explanation

The kid: "Please spare my family".

Nope. This kid knew exactly how f*cked up what he was doing, when he told the twins about their mother and the imperial family. He knew. I don't care if he's a kid, he's a f*cked up piece of sh*t. I hope he doesn't get saved or forgiven. He grew up in wealth, he's put himself high up on a pedestrel and now seeks mercy? Hell to the no.

The kid with the scar I can forgive. We've seen him go back and forth, conflicted what should he do. He likes the twins but he himself is an object and doesn't know how to revolt, so his current action betraying the twins, he was controlled from the start no freedom.

But the Duke's brat? What's his excuse? He's a piece of sh*t. His family got caught otherwise he wouldn't give a sh*t about mercy.

Users who are viewing this thread