The Tyrant's Guardian Is an Evil Witch

@kuku_07 something along the lines of 8th grade syndrome.

Changing concept might be changing your mindset i think.

Chuunibyou at its finest

Adolescence isn't hard, ice witch..you just have to say what you want from him.. don't just thinking about it, spill it out to him... -_-

LMAO just tell the kid
the crown prince is gonna die soon and tell him to hurry and study to become a good emperor bc of blahblahblah

Why are some people mad or disappointed that
tita is the male lead
? Isn't this basically the same as "I became the Duke's Maid"? If you're okay with that it would be hypocritical to not be okay with this one..... That's just my opinion

HAHAHAHA that’s so funny my brother would be best friends with my Tita right about now with their rebellious phase HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@agmartinez327 Though they may be similar, one key difference between the two is that in Duke's Maid they are actually relatively close in age, they just don't look it because of the ML's curse. However, in this series the FL is actually really old and nowhere near the ML age, in either her actual age or her reincarnation age. Due to this, the case can be made for Duke's maid that it isn't grooming and she simply saved someone of a similar age. However, you would be much harder pressed to make a case for this series.

@Stella15 Basically the concept is Tita's attitude. Right now Tita is just being dramatic and acting like he doesn't need to meet new people because they're all going to judge him for being an illegitimate child anyway. He's acting like no one understands what he's going through and talking like he has more life experience than the MC. The MC calls him out on this and basically says he's not special for feeling like this and he needs to calm down.

@DeltaBlade Also in Duke's maid the MC leaves once she realizes that the ML has feelings for her. They don't meet again for several years and ML is an adult by then. I think they have a 4 year age difference. I might stick around a while longer for this, but yeah, I generally don't like stories where a character essentially raises their love interest. Although I still think you can't top Usagi Drop. That was a disaster.

Idk why so many hate this and claims it to be grooming. Personally to me its like having a crush on your older brother friend and then end up with them. Yes its wrong if you have relation at a time when they are still young but when they are adults and more mature, if they want the relationship, what's so wrong about that? Its not like she told him to love her and constantly giving him praise about how handsome or stuff like that, which is what grooming is

As several people already mentioned the age difference is just toooo big between them even without her being an obvious parental figure. You can argue all you want about it not being grooming because it's not intentional, it's not like you don't have a point but that doesn't make her less of a creep later if she accepts his advances. Just look at how the writer goes out their way to portray how the MC percieves other adults she knew for a long time like the butler or the wolf guy. She still thinks of the butler as a youngster and would never consider wolf boy as a romantic interest even tho he's so persistent about it because to her 200+ year old age he's forever a kid. That is the way it should be with Tita too especially because she raised him and has obvious maternal feelings towards him. (Tbh I don't get how the writer can simultaneously portray the experience of raising a kid so well + mindset of a 200 year old witch towards other people and still go with the grooming romance plot like it's normal??)
I know it's gonna turn into romance eventually, that is when I will drop it but until then I will just enjoy the cute parent-kid hijinks.

Also off topic but wow @beatriz89 I can't believe I'm finding out like this that the cutest anime I've ever seen had such a fucked up ending in the manga, thank god I didn't have the persistence to read it when the early highschool chapters annoyed me.

sorta reminds me of the anthology "Lets meet at the witche's gathering" although the whole "omg tyrant gonna keel me" trope is hella annoying.

@Drili I really, really regret reading the chapters after the time skip. It's not even a spoiler anymore. There are people who haven't read or watched Usagi Drop that know how it ends. When those chapters came out, everyone on the internet was raging about it. It's just so bad. Probably the worst thing is the gymnastics that the author made just to excuse why the pairing should work.

Basically it turns out Rin wasn't related to Daikichi. It turns out Rin's father wasn't Daikichi's grandfather. Daikichi at first resists Rin's advances but then just gives in and they start a relationship despite her being a high school student. I was so furious. She was six years old when he started taking care of her. He's been her parent longer than anyone else at this point. She's not even an adult when the series ends. To be honest, Rin having feelings for Daikichi could have been an interesting story, but only if Daikichi had turned her down. It would have made sense for Rin to have confused feelings as she got older, but the correct thing would have been for Daikichi to tell her it could never happen.

It's really hard for me to accept that someone could raise a child and then see them as a love interest. I'll also probably only stick around for a little while. I agree that it's weird that the MC sees everyone around her as younger than her and not a potential love interest but has no problems when it comes to the ML. That's a personal preference for me, though. I don't mind stories with age gaps, but I think it's weird when one of the parties was like elementary school age and the other party was an adult when they met.

BYE HERE I THOUGHT THEY WERE GONNA HAVE FAMILY PROBLEMS BUT IT TURNS OUT TITA WAS JUST IN HIS REBELLIOUS PHASE

I'm on ch 17 and JESUS Christ, idk anyone could think Tita ML end is acceptable, as Clete has demonstrated to be quite a parental figure to Tita over these chapters, in my opinion. If Tita
is saying he loves her more than his mother, that sounds like enough to say that he thinks of her as a guardian or surrogate mother, rather than in any romantic sense. Clete also claims to be the child's guardian from the beginning, so it's lightly mutual.

See there's one thing when you are immortal and have seen or mildly interacted with someone in their childhood and then after they grew up, getting together with them *hint hint nudge nudge Rapelle maybe, please Clete look that way? Gosh even the cute ol' grampa-butler Edmund would be a better pick!* but it's another if you literally raised that child. Sure, I'm guessing being mentally 20 (I'm sure nothing changing over the years doesn't help the MC's progression) means that she might be a very static character and can be considered a young adult in mind, it does not erase how fundamental to Tita's development she would have been, and as a result how gross it could come off, as many have mentioned.

I like age gap in general, but I can't even handle The Duke's Maid because of how young the ML looks. Author, please, no. I want Tita x Ophelia happy end. I feel deep within me (from not having read any spoilers about the novel) that this could be a possibility and it would be more of a heartwarming parent/child tale which would be refreshing with this type of carer stories... blergh

Users who are viewing this thread