The Undefeatable Swordsman

@reanseih I don't doubt it, it's just that everything you see on novelupdates is straight up wish-fulfillment. I enjoyed it when I picked my first ones up like BTTH and ISSTH but the more I read the more the stories all seemed to blend and become repetitive. I think even the ones I enjoy aren't that good. The ones highly rated on that hub for eastern novels are just chalk full of the xianxia cliches. The arrogant young masters and the greedy bipolar mc who gets every treasure in the world. I may give your suggestions a try just to try and see what kind of potential they can have.

Group Leader
@crymsong I don't doubt your words either... It's sad what the genre has degraded into. But yes, do try the Jinyong series if you ever have the chance. They aren't manhwas or light novels, but they should all be translated. In fact, you might find it in your local library. Literature classics, that series.

Damn, I miss ISSTH, time to re-read. I've never found a better cultivation novel, including the author's other works.

Dialogue is weird, the characters personalities are a bit unstable. But, besides that, its a decebt read.

Man this story used to be so great and full of potential but after a while it kept degrading from a 8.5/10 to a 6/10 it's bad most of the time and decent at it's peak moments around ch. 38 and beyond. Though I do gave a good recommendation I'd you like murmin martial arts and is still going strong after 70+ chapters. It's called "Legend of the Northen Blade" it's called the whole package. You can find it leviatan scans website because the one on mangadex has only one chapter.

I'm sorry, I can't follow why this is rated so highly... This screams of the typical wuxia plot where the MC is an arrogant nobody but stumbles on huge power that he barely needs to train meanwhile always resorting to violence to solve problems that he is wholly responsible for creating.

Dex-chan lover
Wholesome murim ftw. These are what I like about this genre.

@crymsong you have it wrong there lol. It's just a badly represented genre, it's not supposed filled to be ruthless bipolar chars. Have you heard of the Jinyong series? Novel. Granddaddy of the genre. Originally murim stuff are supposed to be a lot more honourable...

Looks like Jin yong is an author. Ya recommend... ALL of his books?

Users who are viewing this thread