The Villainess Became a Commoner - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
@Syanalassa Actually it's worse than that. The less stuff you have in the fridge means that more of the fridge is filled with just air. Whenever you do open it that air escapes and it has to cool new air all over. But when you have a lot of stuff in the fridge it retains the cold better and it's actually more energy efficient...

Dex-chan lover
I'm actully enjoying this, sad that the axe got it first. Oh well, better enjoy this 11 chapters

Dex-chan lover
@Rukja
while he'd be capable of it, this body doesnt have the same qualifications and resume experience to get hired with. and lying on the resume isn't much of an option since he just so happens to be in a famous enough body that it wouldn't be hard for an employer to notice when doing a background check.

Dex-chan lover
@Kevadu
I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by that.

As long as it's not filled so full that cold air is blocked from reaching parts of the compartment, the more stuff crammed in the fridge the better.

Dex-chan lover
@NearDarkroad my mother once said that period = half the pain of getting kicked in the balls but like constipation with rapid fire rate

I dunno but sounds really painful... :|

Dex-chan lover
>try to kill yourself
Some random nurse: "don't do it again or i'll get mad"

First world health care right here

Dex-chan lover
You understand the pains of being a woman now?

Wait until he gets his menses lol

Initially cooling said items would consume more energy, but wouldn't bulk purchasing and using the fridge to extend the life of said items be more cost effective?

TBH I have Zero clue how much the energy/food ratio is +/-. I don't live it cities.

Dex-chan lover
What NO thats not how fridges work you stupid fuck, what the fuck?

Cooling is INCREDIBLY efficient, it costs basically nothing to MAINTAIN a temperature. If anything it would cost LESS electricity to keep a bunch in it, because of something called thermal mass. Basically, more cold stuff means everything stays cooler for longer. This is also particularly important for fridges, as when you open one all the cold air falls out. If you have an empty fridge, that means almost ALL the cold has fallen out. If you have a full fridge, that means most of the cold is in the stuff in the fridge.

Imagine an ice chest full of ice with one soda can, and another with no ice and one soda can. Which soda gets *warm* first? The one with no ice.

In a fridge the food is the ice. It's not as cold, but it still IS cold.

Speaking of ice chests, if you want to save power, get one of those. Cold air sinks, so when you take the top off an ice chest, wheres the cold air go? Nowhere! It can't go through the walls, and it won't rise from the top, so opening it is basically free.

And on top of THAT, ELECTRICITY IS CHEAP YOU'RE NOT SO POOR THAT THIS WOULD ACTUALLY SAVE ANY MONEY AT ALL

@CalamityCallout Even if you take into account that the guy is older, even during the 1980s, the Japanese refrigerator was way more efficient compared to American models, so either he's just doing it to feel like he's saving money, or it's one of those urban myths.

Thinking more of it,
Removing that melon from the fridge would waste energy, rather than just leaving it in there. Most likely, the myth told to them is "refrigerating unnecessary things wastes energy" which is too summarized. It really should be that repeatedly refrigerating things that don't need to be refrigerated would waste energy. Like that melon, if you took it out of the fridge to eat, and replaced it with a new warmer melon, it would take energy to warm it, but if you just stopped putting more melons in the fridge, you'll be fine.

What they should've done is just leave the melon in there until you plan to eat it, or it takes up too much space, then just don't put more stuff in the fridge that doesn't need refrigerating, or in other words, opening the door less often. The end result is the same anyways, since you'll eventually remove the melon from the fridge.

Aggregator gang
There's 4 basic ways heat moves around
1 Mass transport *physically moving hot things
2 Conduction *hot things touching each other
3 convection internal motion in a fluid (subtype of 1 )
4 radiative transfer (hot things throw off photons)

In a fridge 1-3 are the important ones
When it's empty you have more air for convection that moves heat from the walls to the interior
conduction is unaffected but the air is continually moving against the walls
When you open you open the door there's more mass transport

Now when you put something warm in, that's a big cost and it has to be chilled

Another way to think about this is a thermos bottle. It's so effective because it's insulator is vacuum. There's no* conduction, no* convection, no mass transport. It's all blocked. Next up would be Styrofoam or double pane glass, where convection and mass transport are blocked and only conductanve is at play.

Completely unrelated that's a crappy family of the 1st order
Their child tries to commit suicide and they leave the maid to talk to her

Users who are viewing this thread