The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

I feel bad for Rezef, his backstory made me sad and he deserved better. People’s personalities are shaped by their surroundings, other people and events, his poor personality and anger issues stem from his neglectful childhood...

The developments tho XD so fast! Her brother goes straight from a blackened wolf to lil puppy in 3 pat and 1 snack lol

Aggregator gang
@Kellon That's how deprived of love he was. If someone has been starving long enough they'll eat literally anything edible you give them and treat you like you are god (there are some exceptions, of course, but my point still stands). As he said, she's become the only thing that relaxes him and makes him feel satisfied, which means that this entire time he hasn't felt relaxed nor felt any satisfaction in anything he's done till this point. It may be a part of her calculative plans, but she is the only one that is actually showing him love and affection. Whether or not she plans on betraying him later isn't entirely clear, but it seems like she genuinely just wants him to become a better person through her efforts, even if her efforts are superficial. I mean, I think she kinda cares about him to an extent, but he did kill her in one of her past lives so it's hard to say.

@ninekuku I'm pretty sure she just wants an easier life and to have some freedom. She recognized that he just needs some love and affection in order for him to favor her and give her what she wants, so I think she's willing to forget what he did in a past life. I doubt she forgives him, but she also likely understands that it was partly her own fault for being stupid and, more importantly, not providing him affection as family when he so obviously didn't get any from their father. He's still not a good person, but her hope is that he will become one if she continues to shower him in love, and she can only do that if she lets go of him murdering her in a past life.

My heart breaks terribly for the brother. In the forst life noone cared for him, not even his sister, noone was concerned if he'd live/survive the palace, his father could even be said to be actively working against him after being the one to make his existence (you contributed the sperms you b*st*rd!!! How can you loathe an illegitimate child that wouldn't exist if you didn't sleep with someone else???).
He could be a protagonist of his own story. The original FL really did badly in her first life. I hope readers don't forget that.

@ninekuku i take it you haven't read cnovels before. But either way, you need to understand that the FL to some degree acknowledges her part in making him what he was in her previous life, she was very self-entitled. You should also recognize that karma is a thing lol. This brother dealt with her in the only way he knows, and since she never gave a flying ass about him when he was suffering, was he supposed to treat her like an innocent person? And not the selfish bystander she was?
Her death is equally as wrong as her treatment of maids, her brother and such.

ahhhh, alright. Rezef is cute. I was just trying to resist it. but he's a cute puppy that must be loved now to cure his tyrant-ness. I feel bad for him now, and like Kayena, he deserves a second chance. Two messed up people who are raised wrong and made wrong decisions in life.

Not so mysophobe now, are you, kedrey? finally holding Kayena's hand. ahahaha

I’m a bit confused. I thought she reincarnated from another world but now it seems more like she just went back in time? Or did I miss something?

@Raivien If im not mistaken, between chapter 0 and 1 she said that the modern life that she has been living is her 2nd life and that's why she's interested to the villainess in the book. she only remembers that it's her second life after she returns back to the kingdom age

I know that they're both wearing gloves, but I find it hard to believe that he would take her hand out of his own accord considering his mysophobia.

@space_turtle I know! I thought of the same thing! He’s supposed to have so great a disease, that it became a mental illness, right? And it’s mentioned before that he never even held hands with a lady (that’s why people were doubting his sexual preference). How come he so casually, matter-of-fact-ly held her hand?

Dex-chan lover
MC really on that "I can fix him" type energy and it's actually working lmao

Users who are viewing this thread