The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Fed-Kun's army
ugh she was doing SO WELL and that awful guy had to show up and mess with her!!!! DEATH!!! DEATH To THE ABUSER!!! also wow raphael sure fell already, huh

thank you for the update!!! and all the updates, you've definitely spoiled us!! now to wait every week for a new chapter haha 😅

@thegiantpossum ..... really? This is just realistic and 100% the sort of reaction most ppl would have. It is normal and very understandable to react much worse than this. At least she tried to remain calm and tried and mitigate the overwhelming fear she must be feeling. To the best of her ability, she is fighting.

He wasn't simply a little shit. He perpetually abused her and made her feel incredibly helpless. She was stuck in a situation where she had no one, no place and nothing to use to guard or protect herself. She was subjected to violence many times over. You cannot just erase that from someone, and it is honestly incredibly ignorant to believe so. She is trying to be strong and she is trying her best. It will be a much more satisfying read when she does overcome her fears, as opposed to having no fear. And overcoming trauma, which you cannot simply dismiss is, and will be incredibly respectable.

I'm glad they haven't undermined the severity of what Cayena went through in her past life. I feel like a lot of stories sometimes make it look so easy to overcome traumatic incidents, especially those of an abusive nature. She was forced to live with a man who abused her physically and mentally. She had no one to turn to, and then he even killed her, most likely in a violent way. Even though it hasn't happened in this life and she's working to prevent that path, those memories have been ingrained in her. Her body and mind are literally conditioned to react this way to him because of all the abuse.

I do hope that they portray her recovery as her own efforts though, rather than the ML sweeping in and "fixing" her.

BRUH WHAT I was actually so immersed that I was super anxious and my heartbeat raised and I was surprised that the duke actually came to save her THIS IS SO GOOD

Look i'm not trying to justify the prince's action.. But looks like people forget that the reason rezef poisoned her was to frame that gillian (he's a candidate) because he knows that he's obsessed with her
and also want his family business, the warhorse, and that Gillian also do some shady businesses
rezef just wanted her to be unconscious for sometime so that he can blame it on other noble esp the one in the opposite faction.

@thegiantpossum In regards to how she dealt with being in close proximity with her abuser and killer was realistic though? It didn't belittle her past experiences and conveyed the weight of it. I do not think that a character or person should be viewed as irksome in a situation where they are exposed to their trauma and are unable to compose themselves, especially when their reaction did not harm others. It's unrealistic for her to suddenly forego all her trauma like a flick of the wrist.

Also, it isn't weakness to need help every now and then. It's only problematic when it occurs to an excessive amount, like most things. Also, gathering supporters and tools, as she and all other of the nobility are doing, is also seeking help because we cannot deny that there is strength in numbers, even moreso if the quality is good.

This was so amazing, I got to read uninterrupted from chapter 14 all the way to 19!
Thanks endlessly for your hard work!

Dang it but this manwha has the art On Point, I love it. This viscount gives me the creeps and I wanna smack Rezef with a pan to the head for leaving his sister in that situation like... my dude. Why. Why were you such an effing lousy brother. U better improve this time around!

Again props to Raphael for being there for Cayena when no one else was, because dang that creepy ass biotch needs to be liberated from his neck, pronto.

It is funny how Raphael shows more interest the more uninterested in him (romantically at least) Cayena seems, and this banter between them about her avoidance of him ('cause homegirl was busy plotting) feels utterly delightful.

Also their chibi selves are so cute like dang the artist gonna make me have a heart attack

I've had an incredible number of responses to my original comment, so I thought I would flesh out my thoughts a little more. I understand what you have all said, that it's not so easy to face the horrific trauma of a murderously abusive and controlling monster. I didn't want to see her act like this didn't effect her at all either. But her brother had used, betrayed, and sold her to said abuser - and she's brave enough to not only face him, but to even try to treat him kindly. I respected her for that, so it was dissapointing to see her fold. This story has always been about her gaining power, enough to fight back against the horrible things that happened to her in her last life. She's claimed some of that power, and I want to see her use it to overcome this trauma.

The main thing I found irriating was that the Duke road in and saved her. I wanted to see her learn to stand up for herself, not rely on someone else to save her. Her last life she had to constantly depend on someone else for everything, and I am hoping that she can fix that in this life.

True courage isn't having no fear, it's facing that fear alone and fighting anyway.

@Zeesnowflower2002 @Proxymoxie @Mirinae @Hydrangeas_Lazuli @godofsalmon

Dex-chan lover
Man, the artist's rendition of her body language while Kedrey held her was so on point. Hunched over, hands raised in defense. It was almost painful to look at. While some may be upset someone came and saved her, it isn't a sin to be vulnerable (especially facing serious trauma).

I think if she'd had some kind of mental preparation she could have pulled through, but this guy popped outta nowhere like the kamikaze flying cockroach he is.

Users who are viewing this thread