The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Raphaello/ Raffaello🤔? Never seen someone with Raff instead of Raph

#Ihatethisman !!

Thank you for the hard work!!

I can't help but roll my eyes at that damn emperor. He has the gall to be proud of how his daughter has matured when she's an entirely different person now, literally. He took no part in raising her who grew up to be spoiled rotten and stupid and neither did he raise his other son who grew up to be a cold hearted twisted bastard. And he was forced to acknowledge another family line of a concubine to inherit the throne after they took hostage of a noble family. This emperor is utterly useless.

It feels pretty cliché how the ML so easily took interest in the FL and was attracted her after her personality change. You know, where he was blown away and blushed when she came in with casual wear. I don't hate it, but it still kind of feels stale with how the story delivered it. At least it didn't look like he completely fell head over heels for her just yet so that's good. I would have immediately dropped this if that happened.

I still can't get on board with her saying how the ML captured Kayena's heart but then right after say how anyone would be attracted to him like her past self was. That just pulls me out of the story because she talks about Kayena as an entirely different entity apart from herself and then in the same breath say she's Kayena herself. It's enough to almost make me drop this story because it breaks my immersion in the story.

Dex-chan lover
So what?

Is he into poor people/Commoners

Wearing a simple dress makes him blush, then I can see why he went for the maid in the original story.

@Khulmach
It's not that he's into poor people or commoners, it's that he was attracted to her noble and dignified bearing when she walked in. You know the saying "you wear the clothes, the clothes don't wear you" or something like that. It's cliché but makes sense considering how the original villainess seemed to be super clingy to the male lead and made problems for him when she tried to pursue him. The attitude change was like a breath of fresh air for him.

Ahh this is so cliché...i feel bad for the original princess/her past self, cause they keep dismissing her and calling her with all sort of names, while praising her current self to death 🙃
Ofc she knows everything !! She died because of all of you!

This art is going to be the end of me, it's so great <3

Also, it's cliche, but it's well done and still interesting, so I'm totally her for it.

@Diamond-hime
To be honest, they're not wrong about the OG female villain. She was spoiled and stupid. As evidenced by the people around her in previous chapters, she was prone to emotional outbursts and often yelled a lot at her subjects. She was incredibly pushy with her love for the ML and often clung onto him to the point where it went into harassment like barging into his home unannounced and forcefully calling him to the palace against his will. It caused all sorts of problems emotionally and politically for the ML and he has a right to feel upset at her for it. Storywise, she went as far as to poison Olivia (the OG female lead) out of pettiness and jealousy. While I pity her for being used by the people around her, she deserved the ending she got in the original story.

Her red and white outfit is to die for!! Like how do I buy all of her clothing??? Thanks for the translation!!!

Dex-chan lover
Black haired guy: "N-no... no way... did she realize my masochistic tendencies? Will she finally treat me like the garbage I am? Oh no, her dress tells me I'm not worth the time of dressing up and looking stunningly beautiful. I can't... Little John, don't poke out. Please."

Users who are viewing this thread