The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

@Ryuulisha
It's basically what's known as the "push-pull" method. Instead of chasing after them, make them chase you.

If a guy is so used to being chased by a girl, when the girl stops chasing the guy, the guy will start to notice that they aren't being chased. It can lead them to be curious as to why the girl suddenly talks to them without the usual clingy behavior, but rather a mature one.

Makes them pay more attention to them, and before you know it, you are the one chasing them.

The plot is confusing but I’m only reading cus the ML is so fucking sexy

ML: Guess that woman candidate is an accomplice or spy
FL: What? No, just remember me as someone who made you pair up with a good match imbecile

What have they done to this novel!?!?! They skipped so much man if i didn't read the novel i wud b lost

@Ryuulisha
That might be the case when the MC goes back in time but when it's an isekai, the MC (her soul) is someone else so it's not like she is falling for someone who rejected her before, she is falling for someone who never knew her before and rejected the old soul not her.
Although even when it's the same person going back in time and not a different soul (like in Doctor Elise for example), if the MC was evil originally, it can be somewhat justified as in the MC changed and the ML falls for the new her and she likes that because his initial rejection was towards the version of herself that even she does not take pride in. But I do have qualms with even that genre not because of the ML but the MC. I believe that even if it was justified since she was killed by the ML she should be traumatised and never truly feel safe with him (again, even if he wasn't malicious and she deserved to be killed, trauma is trauma yet these stories make it simple which is stupid).

Then there is the most annoying type (usually Chinese webtons have a ton of this) where the ML ignores the original body owner just because she isn't strong enough and she gets bullied to death then the MC transmigrates into her body and they both fall in love even though the original body owner technically did nothing wrong and the ML was at fault for not protecting his wife...
I went on a rant there lol but seriously I used to despise the transmigration type in romance as a whole but now I like it as long as it's not a system controlling the MC or when the original body owner and ML were in love before (crazy girl shin bia was the first I read in this genre).

So, I just started reading the novel out of curiosity and found out that the events in the novel, even if they are mostly the same, are being portrayed differently in the manhwa. I can't find words to explain it, but it's kinda incredible how different they feel to me. But if I were required to choose, I would prefer the novel greatly, since it's worldbuilding and events are executed and potrayed way more naturally than in the manhwa, where it's just pretty confusing. Of course I only read 5 chapters of the manhwa till now, so it could get better. But still, I would recommend to everyone to read the novel so that its amazing story won't get lost in a confusing (but not bad by any means, I love the art) adaptation.

@Lilaleni I've seen this kind of stuff happen annoyingly often on manhwa adaptations. Not necessarily the fact that the pacing is different from source materials, but mostly the fact that it spits the world building at your face in an inhumane pace and by chapter 2 you already have 25 different names and their affiliations so then in chapter 50 one of those 25 is finally important and you remember nothing about it because it was mixed between irrelevant info and presented too early. I've dropped at least 5 manhwas because the information overload resulted on me reading 10+ chapters mistaking a place or a person for another one and i really didnt want to hunt for the chapter with the correct info to be able to understand the story.

He has an averse reaction to being touched? I smell trauma tbh..

I really, REALLY like the way the executed Cayena spoiling Raphael of his future fiancés in this comic. Reading it was nothing as good as this <3

Double-page supporter
@Akera93 This is one of those Reincarnation isekai where MC was the villainess then reincarnated as the "our world" self then reincarnated back again into the villainess.
Like Athy in Who made me a princess
MC even said "the reason I identified so much with Cayena was because I was her" very early on so you probably didn't catch the meaning

Users who are viewing this thread