The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Fed-Kun's army
@Umbrecola
Personally I interpreted that line as "I was her, I see my self as her since I'm also a villainess in our world and while reading the novel I can see myself going the same path as her" rather than the literal sense. I suppose I might look at the novel for further details or confirmation. For now, I'm assuming this is just isekai, if it's like Doctor Elise (I find myself often comparing stories with that one since I like it) where it's an isekai + reincarnation + time travel (?) then I might change my opinion on things

Double-page supporter
@Akera93 To quote translation of chapter 2 of the novel, "Rather, she was drawn to the life of the villainess, Cayena. The reason she was so concerned about her story, though, turned out to be because it was her previous life." It isn't me interpreting it is literally spelled out in the novel

People you guys need to read the illiterate bitches scans because theyre more accurate to the novel. No shade to parody scans but some of the stuff theyre translating wont make sense later on to the story. For example the duke has mysophobia, but here she describes it as "uncertainty" hopefully parody scans can retranslate some of these. In illiterate bitches, they have the correct translations. :)

This tl is a bit off... in many ways. I feel like i read but i dont really catch what they talk. Strange. Haha.
And the duke's hair... is it black, or blue?

Fed-Kun's army
@Umbrecola
I see. Well, thank you for letting me know. Personally, I only read the manga and it didn't come across as clearly here as in the novel passage you quoted

Double-page supporter
@Akera93 Yeah, they were kind of vague. She also says "I'm back" "I'm really back here" in astonishment when she first wakes up as Cayena which they didn't have in the comic which probably would have clarified it

so if anyone is really confused.. this is Cayena's third life. in her first life, she was the princess (same setting and everything as rn) after she died in that life in the emperor (Rezef)'s hands, she went on to her second life on Earth where she read a novel of basically her first life (without her realizing as she didn't have her 1st life's memories). After being stabbed by someone unexpectedly, her second life on Earth ends. THEN the one we are reading right now is her third life, where she basically returned back to first life. However this time around, she now knows what is going to happen and the events after reading the novel.

hoped that helped! if ur still confused i can try to explain more,, this is suppose to be explained the first two chapters but ngl the manhwa isn't doing the best clearing that up.

The art is godlike.... props to the artist, but sadly the story is super meh, everything felt off... it's way too fast, conversation is a bit off, also the stupid overreact narrative from each character to FL be like "OMG she's changed! her expression and her way of talking are not the same as before! im amazed!" roflmao so dumb.

Im bored with yet another "one day i become Mary Sue and charmed them" in just 5 chapters journey, 5 chapters in and i already lost interest, how's this mediocre awkward series got 9.12?

@papperless i would recommend you to read "Your Throne" if you haven't read it yet, it's available on webtoons. if that's a type of villianess you want it's still my fav webtoon, it is unique unlike these type of manhwas which are all the same repeatedly

Other comments explained my feelings so well XDDD,, tho the art is soso pretty ahTTTT ITSSOBEAUTIFULBUTWHY.... sob sob

If she's been chasing him since forever in her past life which he seems to have COMPLETELY IGNORED (hence the unrequited love) up until her fucking death why have such a reaction? like please...

@Kiwiq Good recommendation, i also read and completely like it. One of my favorite as well! that's the type of "villainess" manhwa i like because it's unique, i just love gray character like Medea or Aria. They are different and fascinating.

Most reincarnated villainess manhwa are garbage tho, all of them are just a copy-pasta gimmicky villainess nowadays, none of them are actually villain.... like this mediocre series.

I see. So his CLOSE FRIENDS know about how he is "unable to feel attachment or affection." Interesting.

"How can I marry you, your highness?" Says the guy to the woman who hasn't asked. I mean, it's a reasonable conclusion since she has in the past thrown herself at him but he's getting ahead of herself.

Also I think the first person was just fine. They can work on her fainting at the sight of blood and even if she's a military wife why does that mean she's going to be faced with lots of blood? She won't be on the battlefield and if he gets injured he'll just get it treated before she sees him. And who cares if her family goes bankrupt? Unless the dowry is the concern (and he literally apparently has three choices so likely desperate) he's not marrying for money, he's marrying for his inheritance. And he's as weird romantic, I guess, who can't imagine a political marriage.

She know too much and she's also speaking/revealing too much. Maybe it's part of her big plan but so far she feels unnaturally diff all of a sudden. Aint surprising if they think she's a witch at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread