The Villainess Is a Marionette

am I the only one who doesn't see the ML's very apparent and very severe mysophobia that they kept bringing up?
All I see related to his "mysophobia" is just that he doesn't like touching other people and it just seems like a forced quirky trait put on him to make him and his interactions with the FL more unique. The guy just held a random person's hand then 5 mins later he put it on his lip instead of immediately washing his hands as germaphobes do but since he's thinking about the princess then everything is OK I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Love alone doesn't fix an allegedly severe mental illness that real-life people experience but go off I guess

The art and story are awesome tho so I just imagine the ML as someone who doesn't like touching people that are not the princess and not actually a mysophobe but maybe a tad haphephobic 😅

OMG HES BLUSHING I FUCKING CANT

@Yukia9Tendo yeah, I agree with your opinion about his
mental illness miraculously getting better but I feel like it’s shouganai (sorry I can’t find an English word to fit the Japanese word I used. It’s sort of like oh well). Like most many was that have romance and reincarnation or any sort of fantasy genre or feature are all like this. It’ll take too many episodes to really explain in detail. But then again, there’s a reason why these types of stories are popular. Not to mention that practically all the characters are so fucking beautiful. Other than that creep of a "husband" (I forgot his name lmao).

Yoooo, ML's facial expressions are so cute! The "offended" face, the "embarassed" face, just... his face in general is just so attractive~ Simping over here, and I don't even care xD

so yeah, the art is s-tier. why is it so good.
combine that with a compelling story and you get a mangadex 8.9+ star story!

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Started off quite slow and with a setting/characters that's been done to death which was a little off-putting, but holy heck was I surprised at how this evolved. Takes a bit to get to that point but trust me, it's so worth it. Out of any series of this kind it is definitely at the absolute highest tier. As mentioned, little bit of minus points on the slow start but even that bit is pretty good, it's just that it becomes so much better later on that it the first bit pales in comparison.

Contributor
Had to drop it for now.
The art is great obviously, main character is not bad.
But one thing that ruin the story for me is the male lead, he is so bland, boring and add nothing to the story, with unecessary romance.

And he's especially bad writen.

Honestly a lot of cliches are definitely beaten to death here, but there's a lot of compelling writing to carry it that extra mile
Or at least that's what I thought until
"Magic is real" is one hell of a reveal as we enter the end of act 2. Honestly the writer could just have admitted "sorry I didn't know how to fix the plot without breaking all the rules" and honestly I'm kinda upset. I rate it "magic is real, not many people know about this fact" / 10

okay, i´m on chapter 67 and i´m so fucking pissed, i just want to rant! Not only was the characterization of the emperor in the previous chapters nonsensical. The events of this chapter were so fucking contrived, that in totally undermines the character of the princess and completely ruins the premise of this story. And for what? A shock moment, subverting expectations? Fuck off! I´m dropping this shit!

its an average manwha that makes use of a lot of tropes and the writing has plenty of issues. its still an enjoyable read until around chapter 70 when there is a large tonal and story shift, a real left turn. I dropped chapter 86 because it really just became almost a completely different story.

Users who are viewing this thread