The Villainess Is Retiring - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

straight savage "so I don't have to see people I don't want to see" cough cough *royal family* cough

ALSO LMAO THE WAY THE WYVERN CARRIED THE KNIGHT

Instead of dragon riders like from Berk (how to tame a dr*gon), her place would have wyvern riders.

OH, THE DREAM. 🥰🙏😩💖😂👌

Dex-chan lover
@Shirou2200 @Hiandhello gotcha. Thought they might've been using a Korean-exclusive phrase since they put a TLN to explain it, and I usually only see those things explaining exclusively Korean/Japanese/Chinese terms that we English speakers wouldn't understand.

But it turns out I'm just an uncultured swine who hasn't seen Macbeth 😂

@Ghastltyghoulman your not un uncultured swine, I read Macbeth in high school English but still only learned the origins of the phrase from a rudimentary google search. I only mentioned it because Shakespeare is the origin of many English phrases and is responsible for many modern English conventions so the fact that the phrase comes from Macbeth should imply that it is very English, as opposed to French.

Though if you have free time read up on Macbeth; a lot of fun literary illusions originate from there and it’s a classic for subversion of prophesy. It’s kind of like how you have to learn some famous passages of the bible to get the subtext in a lot of major English works

Users who are viewing this thread