The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

@Nogoodimaginativename

I thought he always did, it's just that he was truly much more evil, but it was hidden?

We didn't see that much of him yet, that's why I was surprised because I thought he may be more direct i.e. would order her around more. But here he clearly told her his intention while at the same being courteous to her.
That's also why I think the "inferior-complex" theory doesn't completely add up because in that case, I would expect him to be blunter/directly criticize her.

She has issues if she considers that love towards her daughter.
Beating her daughter till she's black and blue, and afterwards telling her she only has her daughter to rely on.
I think what Artezia said about her being considered a tool sounds more appropriate.

Also, pineapples on pizzas are a big nay. Same thing with medallions with pineapple.
They taste weird together and should stay separate.

Yay to pineapple on pizza! Though depends on the other ingredients on said pizza.

And so I'm actually commenting about the chapter too - I wonder if the mom's twisted nature ties back to her husband essentially selling her off to the emperor. That's an obviously messed up situation and would fit with the way she tries so hard to cater to and please the men in her life. She's already seen how easily she could be tossed aside with little power over anything, so she must get power vicariously through the men she's connected to.

Dex-chan lover
I say pineappe on pizza, the acidity is refreshing.
also the depth of the characters are amazing, it seems MC is extremely reliable but with this 2nd chance, she knows where her priorities lie and is finally willing to let dust gather on some and finally utilize others. I'm happy that the ML is considerate despite being clumsy, I hope he doesn't fall into the pit of his "kind intentions" actually hurting her. I feel it might happen while mom is still around but MC is appealing to mom instead of brother this time.
pray for this to be a feel-good with schemes and plots I like the scenarios that have supported so far
Thanks for translating~

Good to hear him affirm her offer once again! Although I don't like how Lawrence is still using her, I'm sure she knew that would happen and take it into consideration. I wonder if he'll ever think she's more important than their mother and cast the mother aside instead.

Also, yes to pineapple. It's not like the pizzas I eat are authentic Italian pizzas anyway, and I like the sweet and savoury combo.

Contributor
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png
/personally not my thing, but I won't go out of my way to dissuade others from ordering it that way.

Aggregator gang
I typically dislike pineapple on pizza, but if I forget to remove all of it or happen to miss a few pieced when someone orders pineapple pepperoni and chicken pizza I won't freak out when I taste it in a bite. Kinda refreshing, but don't care for it and would rather go without. Same with tomatoes in a sandwich, tbh.

Does MC's mother have borderline personality disorder? There is definitely something off about her.

Pineapple pizza is delicious and anyone that says differently usually don't have taste buds and only eat the stale and boring pepperoni pizza.
On the comic itself, the duke is chivalrous af without acting like a toxic ass like in most webcomics of this genre, and I love that. Its refreshing and I hope he doesn't devolve to a jealous eyecandy that acts like a child that doesn't like to share or that he is so obsessively in love with the FL that all of his actions only revolve around that trait.

Users who are viewing this thread