The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

So...is the implication that he will live with his new wife...or that he still gets to live with his old wife but she isn't officially his wife anymore?

Because if she really did separate him from his old wife...yeah, she's no better than her mother, even after having reincarnated and trying to make things right.

@HOOfan_1 I think the MC just bought the "title" of his wife so she could buy foreign lands unnoticed. From what I understood, the noble and his real wife "divorced" just so he can "remarry" to the Mc (or MC's close aide, since Mc's bodyguard noticed the name MC used to sign the new marriage certificate wasn't her real Rozan name). So technically this noble can still live together with his now ex-wife in a far off land (quietly and comfortably since our MC paid them a lot). away from MC and whatevr it is she plans to do :D

For those who have not understood the MC's behavior in this chapter (I apologize in advance if a few steps are not understandable, but English is not my first language and for the wall of text that will follow):

Lord Lexen is a small nobleman from the Western lands. He has economic problems and risks financial collapse, but he is still a nobleman and has land, which gives him, though small, decision-making power over the choices of his kingdom.
For this reason the protagonist chose him as husband for one of her closest helpers, after having had him divorced from his wife; in this way she obtained legal political power even in western lands, and considering how economically powerful the Rozan dukedom is, climbing to the top is not so difficult.

She could have just bought the title, but getting into the socio-political and economic circuits of a realm from outside with a purchased title and doing so through marriage with someone who is already in that circuit is completely different and much, much more difficult, and so she avoided many more closures and hostilities.

Obviously, ML has no interest in Mr. Lexen or his wife; after paying them a large amount of compensation for the “disorder”, she simply asked them to retire in a quiet life away from the nobility, so as not to get involved in her work under the bench.

In practice, while Grand Duke Evron is conquering Western lands in a military and “heroic way”, she works in the undergrowth of semi-legality to achieve the same result, so as to make the actions of future consorts much easier without affecting the aura of an honest person who possesses

Double-page supporter
Las Vegas priest, the main female lead is one messed up bitch

@Lucrecia Is she gonna have her aide keep this title as his wife for like ever? I figure once she's finished using it for her purposes she'd let them get a clean divorce and he could remarry his now exwife/live-in-lover cause it seems cold to deny the same thing to Terri if she ever wanted to get married in the future. At least I hope Tia will once she's done using the guy's noble name and Cedric becomes Emperor :D

@KrimzonHawka

Uh, the marriage contract will probably remain valid as long as it’s convenient for the various undercover jobs. Once the problem is solved, let's divorce and each one on his own path, I would say... a clean and fast job, given the ease with which the complacent clergy performed the first divorce/marriage

*Not a spoiler*
It seems that the noble title was used by the subject to infiltrate and approach a duchess of the southern empireto influence her choices, and with all these turns it is practically impossible to link it all back to her.

The protagonist plays 4D chess while everyone else plays checkers...

Dex-chan lover
That confused me a ton for a bit there, but I think I got it. Wow. Congratulations, Terri~

im confused, prolly too dumb to understand all of this events. Can someone dumb it down to me, please? ahhaha

So confused- a woman with no husband even if she is a native born in a country does not have more advantages? A man typical owns all the political and finical power, and being divorced at all is looked down upon even today and defiantly in the 17th-18th century. Like yes if she is a foreigner that is additional issue of racism…but this story is still set in a monarchy feudal setting…...

I’ll assumed she bribed the priest to get the marriage annulled, the catholic church which this seems modeled after. Is notoriously against divorce.

Users who are viewing this thread