The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

I love Tia so much. She is definitely my fave villianess protag. She cunning and doesn't need to overly rely pretending to be a white lotus.

Dex-chan lover
yep yep. this is how social suicide works, or not that- I just remember another series where it was "social suicide" and he decided to become a villain in order for the heroes to regain their reputation because shenanigans happened when they were together. her valiant spirit makes me want to shoulder some of her burden (though I'm too anxious to be of help. different from the need to spoil MCs). the fact that both of them made the decision to act without the "heroes" (like without their knowledge) adds to their lonely and decisive character

Can someone please explain me this dialogue in this chapter about olga’s heart jewel and viscountess between Tia and Empress. Because I didn’t understand anything.
I don’t understand why she is going to do those schemes in order to Make Grand Duke An Emperor and at the same time sacrifice herself and get what she deserves for her misdeeds. While in the past timeline she made the Lawrence Emperor. However he stabbed her in the back, which means . Definitely, Grand Duke Evron>Lawrence. So she is going to get more clever revenge by achieving and acquiring something, aka Empror’s throne, that Lawrence would not be able to get hold of.

@justforamin They go in a lot more detail on this in the novel and there's a spoiler thread in a forum if you google the name of this manga. But basically, the jewel belonged to the Empress's best friend who was forced to commit suicide due to political pressure from the Emperor. The Empress basically got screwed over by the Emperor and lost all of her people (the Viscountess' fam, her kids) all so that Miraila and Lawrence could benefit and become first in line for succession. When TIa asks to become treated like the Viscountess, she's asking the Empress to rely on her and back her politically so that the Duke can get more support for the throne.

IIRC, Tia needs support from the Empress so that her mom can't kick a fuss during the wedding so she does this. In the new timeline she just wants the Empire to survive (it's implied that when Lawrence took to power in the original timeline, everything went to hell). Tia believes that only Cedric can unify the country. Also, she wants to correct her wrongs and to make her family suffer. TIa doesn't want to become Empress at all or even get political power for herself.

Basically, she just wants: 1) Keep the Empire Safe and 2) Save the Saintess and the Duke. She doesn't really care what happens to herself.

Dex-chan lover
@justforamin

Remember the circumstances behind why she time traveled to the past in the first place. She invoked a magic spell with the wish of "May your (Cedric's) wish be fulfilled" with herself as the human sacrifice. In fact, she considers herself to be the perfect sacrifice. Finding herself sent back to the past with that wish in that manner undoubtedly has a strong effect on her psyche. She sacrificed herself once, she can do it again.

The other thing is that the opening chapters do show her to be a genuinely nice and caring person that has been broken by Lawrence and her mom. She cared for Leshia (the Saintess) but was unable to save her. She hates meaningless slaughter. Later chapters would show that she used to try and cover for the maids whenever her mother would beat them up. However, her mother taught her from when she was young that Lawrence had to be emperor in order for her to survive, so she did everything she could while escaping with the justification of "It's for my survival," and that only led to regrets at the end. This time around she is choosing to live without regrets, with survival being at the very bottom of her priorities list.

You know I've been thinking, what if in 2 years time Tia dies? Wasn't it stated in the beginning that magic requires human sacrifice? What if time travel magic doesn't change your own fate? She was suppose to die from the ritual. I always thought that time travel magic was OP. If it always results in the death of the user then that would make sense as to why it isn't common. Heck maybe her limbs and tongue fall off as a sign that her fate was always sealed.

I don't know.. I always feel sad when I read this especially with how lonely she looks... 😢😢 but I root a boss bitch!! she a baddieeeee

I don't think Tia wants to kill her mother and brother, but rather destroy the connection between the Emperor and the two so that there is no chance Lawrence gets power. If Lawrence loses favour with the Emperor, he loses any clot the Emperor has along with it. The Empress obviously won't support him given that he is miralia son, and more importantly her children were killed for him to rise. Also, the Empress has clot of her own still that is why Tia chose to approach her. More importantly in this game of thrones, she is likely to favour Cedric over Lawrence, hence she enticed her with revenge. Remember in the beginning it was stated clearly that you either win or you die, no in between.

Tia isn't stupid enough to commit regencide, it will destroy all she has achieved. The Emperor was implied to have a weak heart when he was yelling Lawrence a new one about his kid trafficking friend, so she may very well provoke his death by natural causes.

Also those who dislike Tia for her plotting in the last few chapters seem to have forgotten what this story is about, or haven't been reading closely. Tia isn't going to change to a 'good' protag, she was a villian and returned as a villian. A few chapter back she clearly showed that she isn't in this to preserve her life, therefore she won't play it safe. She is pretty much resigned to the fact that she may very well die, and she is more than okay with that and is going all in.

Also Bill was a liability in many ways so she killed him. Her mother killed her family and framed others to get her hands on the Rozan fortune, not to mention the abuse she inflicted on her daughter. Her brother used her, killed his own son to frame her and pretty much had her become a living corpse in the previous Timeline while destroying the kingdom because of Paranoia. The Emperor killed his kids, the Empresses family, Cedrics parents and so many other messed up things. What goes around comes around.

So how does the revelation that the Emperor essentially screwed the Empress over factor into what Miraila said in Ch.26?

Tia essentially planted the idea of severing ties with their mother into her brother's head, and when Lawrence was cold to Miraila, she started saying something like "But Lawrence, you know too don't you? The Empress..." and then cuts off by saying it was nothing. Does this mean Miraila knows that the Empress hates Lawrence since the Emperor essentially killed everyone close to the Empress to pave the way for Miraila/Lawrence? But Lawrence doesn't know? So the trap that Tia set for Lawrence is twofold then - to create fractures in the Emperor's favoured mistress' family, and to trap Lawrence on a path (i.e. to gain the Empress favour as a way to the throne) she knows wouldn't work out?

Love this manhwa so much - thanks to the team for all your hard work!

@l33tm4ch1n3 unless Cedric intervene, I think Tia herself is likely to expose her dark secret and let's herself be a sacrifice as a foundation of the throne again. So, Cedric shall be the true righteous emperor and the Saint as empress.

Users who are viewing this thread