The Villainess Lives Again

Wowww this is really interesting and damn her mother and brother are pure evil. Thank you for translating this!

Whoa this was intense. I hate her family. I can imagine how she could turn or act the way she did (for survival), it doesnt mean what she did was okay, but i can understand why she did it. Her brother / mother deserve anything that might happen to them the 2nd time around.

@MangaRogue

Calling it lazy is, in fact, incorrect though? No matter what someone took the time and effort to write and illustrate a story. Nothing is free of critique, sure. But blatantly critiquing a whole genre in a space where people are actively reading the story for fun is just bad form. Like, it wasn’t even about stuff happening in the story? Just how butthurt they were over [dj k voice] anotha one. Ya’ll are aware there are forums for this, right?

It’s standard for people to say things like “It’s dumb/repetitive” when talking about things aimed towards teenage girls. Sure, these tropes and stories are not exempt from discussion but, when compared to the equally dumb garbage aimed at men, it’s met with so much more vitriol and spite.

MD@Home
I'm not a fan of shounen tropes. There's only so much tournament arcs or chosen one twists I can deal with. But you won't see me deliberately going to their manga pages to rag against artists' races and their lack of originality. I'm happy to accept the genre isn't just for me anymore post-Naruto/Yuyu Hakusho and just let other people enjoy stuff. If I have rants, I blog on my own space. It's not so hard.

Re: the story - - even with the giveaway title, I was hoping that some of the story would take place in the present. It would have also been cool to follow her rise back to power from near-death state by using her supposed schemer mind.

@Seracila @riapi

I say asian, because these stories, and largely this whole genre, is produced by asians, not westerners. Like, at all. Even with Korean manhwa types, they do the same exact shit, when someone hits a cord that gains them some kind of popularity, these people band wagon like I've never seen before. I think its likely just that, like I said, the bar for entry is much lower, there's plenty of a lack of genuine creativity in art created by many Westerners, but there's a higher bar for publication, whether it be with novels or movies etc etc. (I'll even say, I don't read them, but I imagine comics likely have a similar conundrum).

Many just make manga, and get it published like that, then their works get shit canned because it brings nothing new to the table and they quickly lose viewership.

I understand these authors are desperate for attention and to make a name for themselves, but ironically, going with whats safe and most known is exactly the opposite of what you have to do, by doing so your putting yourself in a position where you're going to be compared to everything else in that genre, and your just going to blend in and be forgotten, because people don't read your work to enjoy something new, but to enjoy something they know, and want to read for a bit just to pass some time as they wait for a new chapter of something they find more interesting.

Btw call me a racist idgaf, that word has no meaning anymore bro, get with the times.

@yeetucus I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge but from what I know, westerner’s comics are predominated with superheroes as thats whats popular (I do not read them so I am not sure). Isn’t that kind of the same with mangas being predominated with isekai and villainess?

Try finding something to read on webtoon. The story is more diverse there.

What do you mean racist word has no meaning? Is it because of the riot that is happening in America? 😅 no offense to anyone

@softer Bad form? In an internet comment section? That exists for people to talk about and critique the story no less. Yes there are forums. There is also this comment section. What's your point? They both exist for the same purpose. Critiquing a work for "following the leader" in regards to its genre or offering nothing new is a completely valid criticism in any context.

And people criticize lots of things for being dumb/repetitive. This isn't just a criticism aimed at teenage girl fiction. Its aimed at comic books and comic book movies (especially Marvel movies), shounen manga, harem stories, isekai in general, the entirety of anime as a medium etc. Once again, its a valid criticism of a genre and I doubt it gets anymore vitriol than anything else met with the same criticism.

Dex-chan lover
You smell that? The blood and sweat of slaves in the morning is the best...
Jk thx for work, lol

Repetitive plot is not something new nowadays when you get exposed too much to the world of manga/light novels, just pick the one you like and read it, if not, just stop. Reading similar things does make me bored sometimes, but by continue doing it I can find the rare gems, so why not? If you want something Asians, go with Chinese ones, there are tons of them. Japanese and Korean novels/webtoons usually focus on Western theme, but Japanese ones are more into fantasy world and Korean ones into political world of royalty and nobles. There are varied things to choose.

one of the few isekai-villainess webtoons where the plot is actually really interesting

aa i'm pretty hype for this series - thanks happily ever after + sawateam + bell scans for picking it up so quickly and for no drama :")

Group Leader
Oh man this team is on fire!! Thanks for the updates, this is slowly becoming my favorite

Users who are viewing this thread