The Villainess Lives Again

Every time I see people bashing a comic aimed towards teenage girls I’m floored. It’s just so wild. This really just perpetuates the idea that the world really does actively hate teenage girls and everything they like. Do you really think that if there wasn’t a demand for these stories the market would still be oversaturated with villainess isekai?

God, and someone deadass mentioned Persuasion in contrast to Twilight in this comment section and it was, honestly, the most pretentious thing I’d ever read —and so, so cringe. You’re on a manga site, you troglodyte, get tf over yourself.

You’re not “better” just because you dislike this genre. You’re just insufferable.

Translators usually take on these projects because it’s a story they want to translate. Bashing it accomplishes what, exactly? I seriously don’t understand why we can’t just let people enjoy something so innocuous. 🤦‍♀️

@softer @ThaiMilfTea Thank you !! I can't understand these people who feel compelled to come and spill their negativity about a webcomic they don't like
There are thousands of others on this site, let them read another if they are not satisfied with the theme of this one
OR THEY GO TO CREATE THEIR OWN WEBCOMIC IF THEY ARE NOT SATISFIED
Let them draw and write a story, and we will allow ourselves to judge it as severely as they do

@AngryFerret Your negativity is a lack of respect for the work of translators, and even of the author and of all those who work on a manga or a webcomic in general
You have the right not to like, but to show as much severity and negativity, it is useful ??? Seriously? It's exactly the same thing as a person who would say to another person "you're ugly" and then say "I'm just giving my opinion", why not just ignore the work if you don't like it ?If you don't like it and you find it repetitive, it's it's up to you to go your way
And speaking of disrespect or rudeness, I was not referring only to you if you could read the other comments of the same style as the one below

Dex-chan lover
@softer

Mangadex's comment section is the most cancerous thing ever.

Im sure you dont see those kinds of comments on other sites

Dex-chan lover
@jesaispasok

Ok I will reply just last time because I think we are running in circles.

Ummm so you think that discussion something, giving a mark(so this site is really disrespectful as you can score mangas), critique and reviewing is disrespectful? So why the hell there is even the comment section?

I am now disrespectful to translators also? Why? Nobody here was saying anything about the translation quality. Moreover, I've never said anything bad about the author, other than that his work is iterative and that he/she took lazy way out. It was a substantive argument.

You can't take everything personally, especially when the other side isn't aggressive. It's essential for constructive discussion.

@AngryFerret

I truly don’t understand this holier-than-thou stance. You’re clearly not the target audience for this webtoon. Sure, you’re well within your right to not like something, but why feel the need to put people down who do? I don’t think the author/illustrator is “lazy,” —and you can’t even say that for sure without knowing them. How is your argument substantive in any way? Because it just comes off as you making baseless assumptions. 🤷‍♀️

Hell, you even say it’s “constructive” but to whom??

News flash: Art is subjective. Saying that this genre is oversaturated isn’t a valid argument and calling it lazy is, honestly, unfair to the artists and writers who want to explore the genre with their own characters.

Aggregator gang
Well looking at the raws the story doesn't begin till at least ch 4. That's a bit of a warning flag that there's going to me lots of hamburger helper in this one. The other big flag is it's pre crime used as an excuse for revenge. Personally I hope she goes down the route of 'you know mom, I don't think big bro understands filial piety at all' and just let's him self destruct on his own. Maybe at the end she can whisper in his ear, 'You're a bad actor and I always knew you hated me'

Group Leader
I'm here for all the cliche tropes! Villainess exacting revenge on someone who betrayed her, check! Fake/contract relationship, check! Time travel check! This is my favorite song can't wait to read more 🤩

@softer You are contradicting yourself. You say that "art is subjective". Okay then. But then you turn around and say "Saying that this genre is oversaturated isn’t a valid argument and calling it lazy is, honestly, unfair to the artists and writers who want to explore the genre with their own characters." Didn't you say that art is subjective? How can you then turn around and state that calling a genre over-saturated isn't a "valid argument"?

First of all, that isn't an argument at all, its a subject statement of a genre market's quality...which you should realize since you yourself mentioned subjectivity.

Second of all, the whole point of saying that art is subjective is to make the point that one person's interpretation of an art piece is just as valid as another's. Her calling a manga lazy, under that paradigm, would be a completely valid critique and a completely fair one. "Art is subjective" so she is free to subjectively dislike art for it being lazing and by the numbers. You don't have to agree with her, but her opinion is no more invalid or unfair than yours.

And just because something is aimed towards teenage girls doesn't mean it should be free from criticism.

@yeetucus whaddup with asian?
Lack of creativity doesn’t only happen in Asia 😅
Tho I have to agree villainess and isekai trope are overused and its hard these days to find a good manga (I haven’t read this one so I dunno if its good or not) but well there really are good stories out there that doesn’t exactly screams boring. I recommend “crimson karma” and “miss not so side kick”. If you are bored by isekai tag then maybe you should try others like “this girl is a little wild” and “why are you doing this duke”. I am sure there are many other stories out there that are unique and does not follow the trend, just that it hasn’t been translated yet. I would appreciate it if you would not categorise asian as a whole for the lack of creativity. Sometimes its not that they lack creativity, its just that some author are in need of the exposure and thus, decided to play safe by making the more popular type of story.

😁From the first few chapters i have read,i am super hyped if this is getting an English translation 😁
Sure there are a lot of Villainess manga out there but i have never read one i hated or even disliked 😛

PLEASE STOP SAYING ALL THESE ISEKAI OR WHTEVER THE TREND , IS OVERUSED . IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GTFO BECAUSE THERE LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE REALLY INTO IT , LIKE ME??!! ok lmao , no matter how many isekais stories like came , i'll never get tired of it;; its fucking interesting

Fed-Kun's army
Oh. I love this and I can't wait for more. This is how you do a first chapter to pull people in 💁.

For me it says that chapter 2-4 was uploaded (assuming that chapters 2 and 3 were also uploaded because for me the only notification that i got was that chapter 4 was uploaded), but for some reason I cannot see them? I'm guessing it was taken down, but maybe not?

Users who are viewing this thread