The Villainess' Maker - Ch. 21

Gah

Vincent just drew a heart shaped arrow and pierced my heart. Urgh.

He didnt err as bad as claude did, and isnt the ass from 'I was the right one' either, so... 'Kay, pass. He might hae been busy or just terrible at EQ familial relations.

Rather than it showing his incompetence as a father lol, I think the main point is emphasizing how different the book characters the FL wrote are from their real life iterations. She wrote cliche on top of cliche for all of these characters and won’t consider how that would translate now that they’re real people. She doesn’t even realize who Killian is despite creating him. I think this was such a nice way to introduce their humanity to her, so she can treat them like real people that have complexity, motivations, and desires outside of what she wrote for them.

KSKSKDKSKAJJSKSK KILLIAN’S EYEBROW PIERCING AND ALL THE AFFECTIONATE TOUCHING
Ughhhh just raising my unrealistic expectations for men smh

Could someone explain to me why Killian is doing this? Is it cus he likes her romantically? Or is it because he views her as a plaything? Also, this development seems to come outta nowhere, and I'm not sure if other people feel that way, or if it's just me.

Aggregator gang
Regarding Killian, probably a bit of both.

@anairda All human fathers are, well, human, and therefore all human fathers are potentially stupid. It's unfortunate he's that inept, but it does explain his actions...to an extent. He simply doesn't know how to bond with his children and thinks providing them with opportunities and power and then leaving them be is the correct way to raise them. He doesn't understand that they need emotional and mental support just as much, if not moreso, than material support.

Double-page supporter
@Zephyr247

Because all of his actions until several weeks ago was determined by what a teenager wrote as a escapist fantasy. You can see that the MC, in creating characters and scenarios, completely neglected any sort of cause-and-effect of character's actions or experiences, so things are slowly changing now that reality has taken hold.

While normally I would not consider this a valid excuse, I think it works here because the story puts such importance on the discrepancy between what MC made characters do/think and what their actual personalities would have been if they were real people.

It's like when the MC, despite having created Charlotte, doesn't realize that being so fortunate from birth would make her conceited and aloof, and still thinks she is just a loveable and soft character. (kind of like the original FL in Miss-Not-so-Sidekick)

The fact that this is a bizarre situation stems from the fact that all of them were basically puppets for a inexperienced puppeteer who was more focused on self-insert escapism than storytelling.

In other words, what the characters do from now on, where they aren't subject to the whims of a bad writer, is who they actually are.

@Tyco2003 - I felt the same too. It was a bit sudden? I'm sure it was more gradual in the novel, but I find that manhwas tend to cut out scenes :( the turning point was probably at the ball when he started to really notice her.

the reoccurring pattern of manhwa villainess dads thinking what they're doing is the best for their daughters when in reality their daughters literally think they hate them

right intention wrong execution 🥲 all the dads in manhwa be misunderstanding their daughters 🙂

bad parenting, tho. but, you know, at least he didn't hate her nor did he think, emphasise the think, he neglected her

Can't say I hate him. Without a wife, it is hard to raise a girl

Users who are viewing this thread