The Villainess' Maker

I swear the ML in this must've been inspired by granblue's belial. He just looks and feels so similar. I have to keep reading to be sure though. If he starts making innuendos, then it's almost certain.

Great so far. My only complaint is that the author doesn't understand corsets. At all. Even Victorian ladies could, whilst wearing corsets, jump, dance, ride horses, perform as literal acrobats, do the laundry, sit and read/write/etc. SMH, I despise how people ignorantly depict corsets. BTW in Those outfits, the Men would ALSO BE WEARING CORSETS.

I was so hyped for this so I read the raws, spoiler
first kiss on chapter 20!!!
- I don't understand Korean but the art explained like half of what was going on so that's nice

@lathyrus_reads ikr! I love historical fashion and it seems like the bad stigma of corsets is still going around(even with so many information about debunking false information about corset) but corsets/stays did a good job supporting women body with those heavy dresses if the corsets fits perfectly to the body

Can we all agree that this is basically Black butler or at most sebastian michaelis fanfiction

i would love to trip and have her catch me 😌

oh and i guess him too if he happened just so happened to be closer

Its 4am honey time for my shitty character analysis <3

Kidding its probably not shitty but it is also 4am and no i will not review earlier chapters to fact check myself bc im lazy so this is all from my poor memory so it may or may not be 100% correct and it may or may not be all BS that i just pulled out my ass

Im very intrigued by the way Ayla and Charlotte are characterized:

Ayla explicitly IS a pushover-- not like a reincarnated villainess trying to be extra nice to avoid bad end and is like, accidentally a pushover, if that makes sense, Ayla is written to be explicitly and intentionally a pushover at the start, and to begin with I find that a really interesting take! But then her having to bite the bullet and learn to be mean and be a villainess? I love it. Ayla realizing how sick of everyone's shit she is and has always been, and how much of a badass it makes her feel to stand up to ppl and glare them down? Fuck yeah girl, drink your confidence juice!!!

I think i enjoy it a lot bc i can relate; i think im quite the pushover honestly, and i find it difficult to be mean to ppl on purpose (i feel the cringe in every fibre of my being bruh i just wanna be nice. Tho not to say i am Always nice and never mean, but like to be mean on purpose?? Intentionally?? Ow) but also god i want to have the confidence (and intelligence) to stand up and win an argument and look all cool and graceful doing so-- the catharsis... I too would love to fistfight god in a parking lot for the bullshit role i was handed in life. It would be so cathartic. Ayla, my role model, I would also like to become evil. For my mental health. LMFAO

Charlotte i also find interesting; on a lesser scale, but still. Shes not like, outright evil as far as i can tell? A lot of stories who pit the Heroine as the antagonist make them like secretly fucked up and evil and just rlly wanna watch the protag suffer. But Charlotte... she's not really as nice as everyone thinks she is, sure, but its like. Normal teenage/young adult girl kind of rude. Not "literal fantasy villain" kind of shit. I dont think shes even doing it like... intentionally, i guess is the best way to say? She's self centered because she's gotten an easy hand in life. She's pretty, and not really struggling to get by, and she's learned that things will naturally just go her way because she's pretty and she's nice. I think she really does think she's nice. She's probably the type who doesn't even realize how self centered and condescending she sounds. She makes a remark like "dont say that, the lady will be upset," which sounds kind to her, but it really isnt, and we all can see that. She then looks to Aylas reaction, because she's a normal girl with normal emotions-- emotions that can be ugly and unreasonable, ones that say "this girl is annoying. Shes a thorn in my side, always causing trouble for me, and i kind of *want* to see her upset" even though she knows she shouldnt act that way and so she doesnt say it out loud and doesnt outright act on it. But a petty part of her wants to see it, because... thats kind of normal. Not good, obviously, but its human.

I feel like shes not actually as fleshed out as i made her sound in this comment, but i just find it interesting that the take on this heroine isnt "secretly fucked up super evil and wants the villainess to suffer unreasonably" and more "normal girl who has had an easy and privileged life thinks shes actually kind but doesnt realize how self centered and condescending she is because of her skewered point of view, and is petty towards someone she doesnt like"... its not that unique of a take either i think, but i think its a take with a lot of potential when done right. I dont feel like this story will actually live up to that potential because i believe they want to portray Charlotte as purely the antagonist who wont rlly get her own focus, arc, or character development, but its a Thought nonetheless.

I dont have a super hot take on Killian hes just sexy and evil
but like not "tragic misunderstood possibly softboy villain" evil, like hes actually evil and fucked up and wants to fistfight god and me too buddy i am CHEERING for you, you evil bastard!!! Tho i mean like there are implications he has some kind of tragic backstory, but he also still did commit many crimes/morally dubious actions and continues to do so without remorse, and we love to see it. No more cop out villain love interests!! I wanna see a bitch who is genuinely fucked up and evil!! Without playing into shitty abusive tropes either!! Is it so much to ask to just want a sexy man to commit several crimes but also treat you like you're genuinely someone special to him? Without being weird and yandere about it??? Im thinking about the addams family parents tbh they would commit crimes together in an evil way and my guy treats his wife like shes the best thing to ever walk this earth. Hot. Thats the other thing, actually, i dont want a protagonist who "saves" him or "makes him better/kinder" i dont give a shit man lets just be fucked up and evil together it sounds banger as hell.

All in all, its not like i'd call this a masterpiece, but its still really enjoyable and has some interesting dynamics and takes that intrigue me, especially for the protagonist since, obviously, shes the protagonist and is going to get the most attention in being a more nuanced feeling character, whether you think she really is that nuanced or not. But the point is that its enjoyable, and thats mostly all that matters in the end :)

Alya is such a bicon. I love her willingness to change for the better so refreshing. And Killian being unapologetically evil? Yes. There's no, 'UwU I will make you good' bullshit from the MC to Killian and I think that's amazing.

@BearSenpai I don't think so. This manhwa is abt straight couple 🌝, the thing which's looked like yuri just a comedy that could make the story more entertaining hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread