The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

I freaking love her 💀 she’s such a different fl - she rlly put our ml in place too. Pack it up Miele, ur not winning this war 😗

honestly the most funny part is loking at the mother the other 2 i find so easy to read as we get to lock behind their masks

@xpeanut the worst part is that it's not even a legitimate grudge, Mielle just hates Aria because she's a commoner, not because she did anything wrong to her. In this case, I'm rooting for Aria getting her revenge, and then getting her happy ending.

Most european countries had the army also function as police. Formal police as we know them now are rather new, depending on where you look.

Contributor
Thank you for your hard work!

Because I am a language nerd, here's a a correction and some further information. A count's estate is a county (that's where the term comes from) — last I checked, "countdom" is not a word in English. In modern English, that "-dom" ending is usually used for things that aren't concrete or don't have another term for the domain held (e.g. "martyrdom" and "kingdom"). (So a monarchy ruled by a king is a kingdom, but a monarchy ruled by a prince is a principality.)

Basically:
Archduke / Grand duke — archduchy / grand duchy
Duke — duchy
Marquis / Marquess — marquisate / marquessate
Count / Earl — county
Viscount — county / viscounty
Baron — barony
Baronet — baronetcy

Other terms usually have to do with specifics of the domain and how it's held (e.g. an earl's "shire," originally).

Additionally, translations of this series and the novel both use duke and marquess where the terms should, according to contextual details, be archduke and duke (since, when inside another nation, archdukes usually have royal blood and are not numerous (so the Fredricks), where as any nation with internal duchies has multiple and many nations skip the rank of marquis entirely). I don't know if this is caused by a translation error (and lack of information) or was intended by the author, however.

Users who are viewing this thread