The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

@nursyasyi
Well, yeah.
In the case of this chapter, it's clear that Aria is currently arrogant due to the sudden introduction of the hourglass. As shown in this chapter, she's too dependent on it.
I won't say anything in detail, so this is a slight spoiler, but I'll put it under a tab anyway in case people want to remain completely blind.
Stuff does happen later that results in a blunder. 'Cause as the chapters already stated, despite her knowing what will happen, her actions are going to cause changes she's unprepared for. We're still pretty early into the story, so don't worry about it. The current arc is basically just to get us acquainted with the power and limits of the hourglass.

@tanzinaahmed1 Ahaha i totally agree with you, the contrast in her interior and exterior attitude is so entertaining as well as the fun, intelligent, vicious anti-heroine side of hers XD

Dannnnnng that snake has been alerted , Aria hurry up!
I'm totally looking forward to the next chapter, pweease huwwyyyy chapter 19, curiously is getting the best of meee.... ;o;

Meo

Dex-chan lover
Binge read this and I love the fact that Aria is such a consistent character.

Her goal:
1. Stay alive
2. Make those that caused her downfall as MISERABLE as possible
3. Use any and all means to achieve #1 and #2 (who you hurt in the process doesn't matter)

Usually in manga/manhwa a reincarnated character does a 180 but she's the same (a bit less cruel, since she's not cutting out people's tongues). She's a breath of fresh air from the fake villainess. And she's not a completely horrible person, she saved the newspaper vendor (who was nice to her when she lived in the slums).

Aggregator gang
I don't like this change. Earlier Aria acted like nobles are trash who don't deserve their money. Now she think the same way as those nobles.

Aggregator gang
"I feel like I've become dependent on it..."
Yes. Yes you have, and this (as well as previous montages) is clearly leading up to you doing some horrible thing for shits and giggles then being unable to turn it back in time for whatever reason like an idiot. Can't wait for this "Hourglass, solve my problems!" arc to be over – not because I think the concept is bad, but because I'll be constantly waiting for the metaphorical pin to drop.

Fed-Kun's army
@Insignificant Not really? Aria's always been one to stay to her villainess principles and it's not like she's exploiting commoners for her own good- like other nobles if that's what you mean. But she's always been one to compare the values of people and look at the benefits only so if you're not into her character, you probably won't be interested in how she'll act for the rest of the manhwa. She does eventually change but do understand that Aria was basically abused and neglected for two lifetimes causing her to view things as beneficial or not for her survival.

Users who are viewing this thread