The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 20

@marrow or people are just not patient enough to wait for character development, it is obvious that she will eventually realize things like genuine feelings etc.

@marrow I don't think she comes off as a Mary Sue at all; I think she's earned what has gone well so far as she's learned to compose herself the way she wasn't able to in her previous life. That, and I feel like she isn't being represented as a Mary Sue would. She isn't perfect, but she's an intelligent manipulator with a strong goal in mind. Personally, I kind of think that the point is she isn't good. It would be wildly inconsistent if her inner thoughts and motives changed all of sudden with her new life.

Dex-chan lover
Uh....are you seducing your maid, Annie? Again?

Well, this does work though. Pick the most inexperienced and immature maid so she's easier to control and maybe easier to win over.

Aria is...not a Mary Sue. She's clever, resourceful, spiteful, and desperate. All traits that make for an excellent villainess.
The term Mary Sue isn't even used accurately anyway. A Mary Sue is a character that twists and distorts the story until the plot serves her and things don't make sense. Contrivances, illogical deductions that are somehow correct, and characters that don't react like people with this person in particular are what make them a Sue.

WHY ARE THESE PAST TWO CHAPTERS FEEDING ME SO MUCH YURI. instead of seducing Oscar Aria shouldve just seduced Mielle ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The way Aria was brought up makes it that she didn't have people who really care for her, even her mother's love is limited, so she mainly watches out for herself and doesn't always recognise good will.
She's also not a mary sue because if she was everyone would love her unconditionally and she wouldn't have to do so much to change people's perspective of her.

@marrow Thank you for the explanation. ❤️
It was very insightful and helped me understand why some people have decided to drop the series.

Personally, I still find it very interesting and rather fresh to have a MC that, well, is kinda a b*tch.
It’s different from most stories were the Mc tries to go with a route that either:
A. Saves everyone
Or
B. Ignores the main storyline to save themselves.

Also, I see what you mean by Aria being a Mary Sue (Thanks for teaching me that word btw :D) but I like to think that the Prince will somehow ruin her plans in the future.

yeah in the novel the last chapter and this one didn't have quite so much yuri vibes on them whats going to happen is
put makeup on Annie

Users who are viewing this thread