The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Ahh, this had a lighter tone than the novel. I love the novel due to its evilish nature, but I think the manhwa adaptation will be funnier lolol. Thanks for the translation!!

Thank you so much for translating this>< its always get me excited whenever the plot to steal the Male lead from female lead show up lolol. Looking forward to the next update~

Fed-Kun's army
The inner workings of a villain and the inner thoughts of a kind woman are clashing. LOL
This is a lot of fun to read. Gonna check out the novel too!

Aggregator gang
Honestly it's not as enjoyable as I thought it would be... the novel started off good but the plot went downhill fast when you realized that it's just immature child prank but the female lead made them pay a heavy price... idk but the whole read made me uncomfortable... had to stop reading @ chapter 250

@ojoudere I haven't read that far yet, but if you think Aria was unnecessarily cruel to Mielle, I really don't think so. She was made to feel inferior her entire life by Mielle, her mother killed, and then finally framed and executed. And Mielle's last words to her were a confession that she manipulated every single aspect of her life and wanted her dead in the first place. So I think Aria's actions are equally as cruel as what she suffered.

I think this is really a story for people who actually want to read cold, hard revenge. There isn't a good vs evil thing going on, both Mielle and Aria are very awful and they know it. Personally I find it interesting since so many of these Villainess mangas end up just painting the original heroine as the 'bad' party and the villainess as the 'actually good' party (which is basically the same as the original romance, just reversed). Aria is spicy, petty and murderous af. (And it's not like they're even a good family or anything lol)

@wkread I wish I could like your comment because it is spot on.
The 'oh actually the villainess was misunderstood and is actually good' trope is getting stale, so having a FL who's not only cunning, but manipulative and petty (and is well aware of it) is very refreshing.

At the end I thought it was gonna show the sister peeking on them from outside, I was worried for a second lol

@wkread Could yyou spoil to me what happened? How and why her mother got killed? Also what happened at the end?

@lovolo
I read the whole novel really fast so I may mistake some details, but the general gist was that the Crown Princess is a nobility purist. Since Mielle is engaged to the Princess' brother (Oscar, who Aria is currently trying to steal away) she thought Mielle's family (really high up nobility, second only to the royal family I think?) being connected with commoners/prostitutes was shameful. So she essentially ordered Mielle to get rid Aria and her mom (not that Mielle had a problem with that, she wanted them gone too). So Mielle had Aria's mom poisoned. A LOOOOT happens (it's an almost 300 chapter web novel!! Pretty fun to read though) but essentially Aria gets her revenge and manipulates Mielle into getting herself executed, much like Aria was manipulated in the first timeline.

So the novel already ended?
What kind of manipulating she did to Mielle? Also who Aria end up with? What happened to father?

Love young Aria so much 😆😆 especially the scene where she ran to Sarah! I can't believe they draw this scene

@lovolo @GruntZone360
Oh I didn't see the reply, sorry (thanks for @ ing me)!! The web novel ended, yes. I wonder if they'll make a physical novelization sometime in the future tho, it seems to be the way things progress nowadays.

(lots of shit happened) mielle was put under aria's care as a maid after she committed treason. that led to aria's 2nd maid bullying mielle. but bc mielle is a prideful person, aria used that to her advantage and semi-subtly suggested she poison the maid, which mielle gladly did bc she's murderous af. but instead of poisoning the maid, aria sent mielle away, took the seat in front of the poison cup, called over her brother and switched seats with him (so he drank it and died). that made it seem to everyone else that mielle was aiming to kill aria (since it was originally her seat) and mielle was executed for attempted murder of aria/murder of her brother. she does end up telling mielle that she time traveled but at that point mielle's reputation was so bad nobody would ever believe her if she spilled lol

aria ends up with the prince!! it's a good match :)

mielle pushes the father down the stairs to frame aria (it doesn't work). he ends up paralyzed and aria's mom divorces him and takes all his money (deserve, he never treated her like an actual partner)

Users who are viewing this thread