The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

I love how she doesn't run off to a man first to get her revenge or make some sort of contract. She's an independent villainess and I'm lowkey scared of her.

i really like the mother, she's not over caring like others kind mothers in manhwa, but she's still taking responsability of her child; her care-free attitude is refreshing

32 is not young...

@mahtan
Maybe from a teenager's perspective, but for the majority of society, 32 is definitely on the younger side. 'Middle-aged' is someone in their 40s after all.

Dex-chan lover
@Strowy
No, 32 is not young from a biological perspective. Also what you said may apply to the modern society where people commonly live up to 100+ but for the society presented in this manga (middle age european) people would hardly live up to 70 and rarely up to 50 so 32 is old for them.

@mahtan

No, 32 is not young from a biological perspective

This is only from a childbearing perspective.

Humans have their physical (ability) / mental prime from their early twenties to their late thirties (so 30~32 is in the middle of this). This is predicated on the human lifecycle: having offspring during their most fecund period (late teens), then being able to support them during the next 15-20 years. It would be an evolutionary weakness to become decrepit before the generation you're supporting grows to maturity.

And the society portrayed so far in this series is somewhat equivalent to 18th century European, and the aristocratic class in that period (ignoring the various conflicts, pandemics, etc.) commonly reached 50 (if they survived childhood) and had lifespans of 70-80 years.

Dex-chan lover
@Strowy
I'm not saying that 32 is decrept, I'm just saying it is not young. Also it doesn't matter how you want to slice this if a organism is over it's fertile period then it is not "young".
That's all.

... relationship between her and her mom is interesting. Just coldish rationale with some care splashed in. Great work on authors part.

Group Leader
Finally, villainess who act like villain for once. I love good revenge story.

Group Leader
i agree with the others, a villainess who acts like a villain. a villainess who learns to be a better villainess. i also really like the mother. she's not cold, just reserved. it's a bit messed up when you compare it to our standards of a maternal relationship, but their relationship is really amazing considering our fl and her mom's background.

Users who are viewing this thread