The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 2 Ch. 55

So in two chapters or less Lady Aria will reveal herself!!! Omg!!!!!!!!

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'm still laughing at how we're supposed to hate the brother for wanting his non-blood-related sister in that manner, despite how there are multiple stories where we clearly have non-blood-related siblings as the ML and FL of the story. Like "The Viredescent Crown" where the ML clearly loves his stepsister that way.

Of course, others will try to argue that he's only lustful and only goes for her beauty and such, but frankly, that's not a good enough excuse. It's expressed as gross in the story because it's incest. Meaning that there's no exception.

Aria is so cute with Asher! I fucking hate her brother, he spent how many years abusing her, telling her she wasn't good enough to be part of the family, but now that he's attracted to her he gets super possessive and increasingly violent.

@omegaxis1 Did you forget that he treated her like shit and chopped her head off in her past life, but then he suddenly starts treating her kindly just because she matured faster than most via hourglass in her current life? The blatant lust for her is just one of the reasons why we should hate him.

@Menovurscent
Your point? That's the future past. Not the current timeline. Should he be held accountable for crimes he had yet to commit? It's downright silly to hold him accountable for that. It's the same reason why I feel uncomfortable for Veri's death because Aria did it more for what Veri did to her in the future past and less for the present actions.

Why should he be hated for lusting after her when he hasn't done anything to actually harm her in the present?

@omegaxis The whole reason that Aria came to the past was because she wanted revenge on the people who'd wronged her like Veri, Cain, and Mielle. They all contributed to her eventual death, and that's why Aria doesn't generally feel any compassion or sympathy towards them. Cain hasn't done anything in the current timeline, but that's only because he's attracted to her, and that in itself is disgusting. Were Aria not as beautiful and talented as she is in the present, Cain would continue to support Mielle by harming Aria.

@omegaxis1
The same things may be seen as creepy or cute depending on context and author.

The ML from viridiscent crown is not forceful about is love, is quiet about it and his sister always liked him so his attraction can be seen as cute because it is harmless, he also asks for consent on everything he does and doesn't try to control her sister.

The brother from this one is hated by his sister, doesn't actually love her but has actually hated her for 1.5 lives. After Aria suddenly developed into the "perfect lady" he is now attracted by her and he thinks he has nothing to make up for and can simply get into her life and decide who she can and cannot see to remove his competition.

Context matters for this kind of thing, "incest" is disgusting when you are disgusted by the human behind it, if the two characters are in love it becomes just a bump in the road.

PS:this is for not blood related incest, if they are blood related it's always a big nono for me

@thelmas
Even with the context, the story is making the brother be the creep because Aria is expressing that even if they aren't blood-related, she's still his sister. Hence why Aria is, "Dude, I'm your sister!"

He's a creep for wanting incest in general, not because he's a horrible person.

@MangaLove122
And that's the point. She's just doing this out of a grudge for things that hadn't even happened. It's why I feel uncomfortable with some of her actions.

And so what if the brother that executed her in the past now loves her? How many time travel stories have we had about that where the guy treats the FL like shit one timeline, suddenly is all loving and caring for her in the new timeline? It's silly to hate the brother for now coveting his sister when he hasn't actually harmed her in this timeline. Yeah, he's a creep in context too, but the story is making him a creep for just being incest in general.

Users who are viewing this thread