The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 2 Ch. 55

Damn, I really wouldn't want Aria to be my enemy, even if I didn't know about the hourglass. And Asher's trust in her is so cute - especially since we know that trust doesn't come from him being a naïve person.

Her brother is getting more and more creepy...

Thank you for the chapter!!!! Wow imma need Cain to get out the way he’s embarrassing 🙄

I dunno, I am not a fan of the ML: Asher. I got about as good an opinion on him as Cain.
I kinda liked Oscar much more.

ew f** off. U didnt even give a f*** about Aria before, but now that she's pretty u care about her now??

Also, why doesen't he know the prince?? Doesen't every person suppossed to know what their prince looks like?? What if u passed by a royal, didnt recognize him, didnt greet him, and acted rude to him. Wont that get a person excecuted?? Gurl, at least know the crown prince's face.

So glad that these Oscar Saga is well over, he was such a wet blanket, useless too. Mielle can definitely keep him whilst Aria deserves someone with more power like the prince. But now we've got this little frog 🐸 Cain to deal with 🤢

Technically Cain has alway show his lust toward Aria, both the first timeline and this second timeline. Aria has said it herself, that due to the time she fooling around with man in her first timeline, she recognise how man gaze upon her in lust. Only that in the first timeline, she just alway think of Cain as her brother so she'd never considered it that way. Cain in first timeline angry with Aria fooling around with man, jealous at Aria getting close to others but himself cant get any of that, at the end turn to rage and want to kill Aria.

Now Cain in this second timeline is not any better, still give lustful gaze to Aria, but the different is Aria instead realize what he has inside his gaze, fake a friendly attitude to Cain. So with another option, Cain just happily indulge himself with his obsession and keep wanting more, instead of get angry for not getting Aria, he now get angry for letting Aria away from his hand.

On plus side, Cain are just basic noble-selfish, coward, corrupted. He still stay afraid of higher noble power, still rely on underhand trick, but he do realise what he trying to do is bad - but still do it anyway. He just had a bad father, a bad personality himself, and the worst possible sister - even 2 of them.

@channington

The author has made it obvious that Cain is 'lusting' after Aria, in this life as a man who has not given a shit about her from day dot until suddenly..Aria is an attractive girl and i feel 'protective' of her, if we also consider his background and past actions it's a very big 180 for a person who believes nobility is godliness and everyone else is scum, unless that scum has tits and a pretty face, which his father has also proven to be a believer in.

I don't think people really believe he's done enough (in this life) to actually die but he's definitely a wasp hanging around honey.

Also not referring to your comment but another further back....placing blame on Aria for Cain's actions is basically like saying a girl 'deserves it' for the way she dressed, Aria had never planned to use Cain from the beginning, she only started to push it when he had already shown his interest not the other way around, she knows she can use him now because he is somehow already infatuated with her, there's no fault/blame to be laid on either...maybe other than his blood since it's obviously something that runs in the male side of the family lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Emonex
...Cain has alway show his lust toward Aria, both the first timeline and...
Cain in first timeline angry with Aria fooling around with man, jealous at Aria getting close to others but himself cant get any of that, at the end turn to rage and want to kill Aria.
He still stay afraid of higher noble power, still rely on underhand trick, but he do realise what he trying to do is bad - but still do it anyway.

I skimmed through the chapters (quickly) and I didn't find the parts that you mentioned. May I ask which chapters showed that? I just found that Cain was only showing disgusts to the MC until he was dazed by MC's appearance in chapter 10. He's then perhaps forgotten by the author until he finally appear again in chapter 22, in which by then the MC first realized that Cain kept glancing at her. Maybe I just missed the explanation that you mentioned, but I think Cain was not a good guy for MC. In many instances throughout the story where Cain of the first timeline was shown (and also at the earlier part of second timeline), Cain was shown disgusted by the MC and thought of the MC as just a lowly w*nch.

@jhs_reika please read the novel for more detail, it is completely translated. The manhwa follow the book but skip explaining deeper into many situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Emonex
Oh, I thought it was in the manhwa. Thank you for the information then. Though, since it's an information that could only be found in the novel and not in the manhwa (yet), it's no wonder that many people here hates Cain. Including me. Cain was portrayed with a really shallow character and appeared only briefly in this manhwa.

I didn't read the novel yet, but I wonder whether Cain had "clearly" shown his lust and jealousy to Aria in the first timeline. "Clearly" in a sense that Aria, who had never thought of Cain the same way as she thought of all those other man that she seduced, could clearly understand that his brother is feeling incestuous. Because in this manhwa Aria was drawn surprised by Cain's infatuation at first. As if it was something unexpected. Those (missed) details changes Aria's character immensely.

But it doesn't change the fact that he was wrongly lusting for his own sister. Just because his sister is pretty and/or sexy? That's still so wrong, especially in the first timeline when Aria still acted like a obnoxious bitch to everyone and not specifically trying to seduce her brother.

I mean, he's just her stepbro. It'd be just a little spice to the mix, it's not really incest.

i just re-read from ch1 and caught up, this webtoon is so gooood.

I died laughing through several chapters. Thank you for translating!!

AHHHHH!!! Shes finally starting to realize her feelings for asher little by little

cain stfu if he knows that asher is actually the crown prince heh just you wait, on the other hand aria is slowly falling for asher > . <

Users who are viewing this thread