The Villainess who Can Read Minds is Being Played With by Her Puppy-like Prince Today Too - Ch. 2

Group Leader
My thoughts on this chapter - I wish we hadn't had the time skip. I know that what matters in the story is how the mc feels about the ml (and vice versa), but like... I want to see more cute moments between them. She's been subjected to a lot of rumors just because of how she looks, so I love that she has somebody who doesn't let the rumors affect how he sees her, but... I feel like the main thoughts we see out of him are "She looks..." "She looks..." "she looks...". I want more moments like in the first chapter where he was happy to see her smile, or he thought she was cute because she was nervous just like he was
On a separate note, I added the crying face on the last page because, the whole... wanting to be better, but then falling back into old patterns (and ending up alone) hit a little too close, oof. But also, I'm sure she's going to be saved (probably by Asher, though I'd love if it were by other women) but, even so, I still find it all stressful.

p.s. I reread the chapter like at least 3-4 times to try and sus out mistakes (doesn't help that much, your brain (or mine at least) basically reads what she expects to), or find things that don't flow like how I like (and sometimes I just have to commit to stuff that I'm iffy on), so if a chapter has a few bubbles that are like "Lady Eleanor is so cute" I guess that might unfairly bias my opinion, lol

Dex-chan lover
What makes he think raping the prince's fiancee is a good idea?
simple : she is a bish and a temptress, she was the one who seduced him, but the poor man is a responsible man so he will take responsibility for having tarnished her 'purity' and will marry her, as she is no longer deserving of being the mother of the nation and queen :)
so yeah its cliché but not THAT dumb if you think about it imo
its evil and shitty tho

Group Leader
simple : she is a bish and a temptress, she was the one who seduced him, but the poor man is a responsible man so he will take responsibility for having tarnished her 'purity' and will marry her, as she is no longer deserving of being the mother of the nation and queen :)
so yeah its cliché but not THAT dumb if you think about it imo
its evil and shitty tho
The one downside to reading a non-tyrant OI is that he won't just execute people who dare to touch the things/people precious to him 🥲 I can sort of believe people trying to hit on her, because basically all of high society thinks she's a slut temptress, but the audacity to hit on the crown princess's fiancee, or worse, do what you're saying... I don't mind a little bit of violence...

Supporter
Poor MC :(
I hope we can see her grow stronger as the story goes on.
If there's one thing that gets portrayed (see examples like Kotoura-san and The Mute Girls and Her New Friend), is that "always on" telepathy has the tendency to make that character really jaded. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all;" but everyone is always saying it for that individual.

What these series also have in common is that the first step towards a better outlook is with one or a small group of people whose thoughts are in such a way that the afflicted character can start to anchor themselves to those feelings.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like the Prince is showing signs of being yandere...
Why? Because he saw that his fiancee is being harassed by men & was visibly upset by that, so he’s thinking about setting a countermeasure to make sure she feel safe in his castle? That’s not a Yandere sign, that’s a sign of a man who cares about the well being of his fiancee. Plus we (and FL) could clearly see his true intention of doing that. “it must be awful for this (the harassment) to happen to her every time”

Dex-chan lover
Why? Because he saw that his fiancee is being harassed by men & was visibly upset by that, so he’s thinking about setting a countermeasure to make sure she feel safe in his castle? That’s not a Yandere sign, that’s a sign of a man who cares about the well being of his fiancee. Plus we (and FL) could clearly see his true intention of doing that. “it must be awful for this (the harassment) to happen to her every time”

He is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too attached.

I know the author is trying to picture him as a "golden retriever" kind of character, but he has the power of royalty, as shown cased with his royal-decree-like laws to prevent others from accessing a hallway.

The "signs of being yandere" that I referring to are more towards how much he's attached to her, the "signs" could be wrong, we will see the next chapter on how he handles the rapist.

The rapist gets normal punishment deserving of a rapist -> Sounds ok, not a Yandere
The rapist gets brutally punished with hints of torture and personal vengeance -> I think he's a Yandere

I know the author is trying to picture him as a "golden retriever" kind of character, but he has the power of royalty, as shown cased with his royal-decree-like laws to prevent others from accessing a hallway.

The "signs of being yandere" that I referring to are more towards how much he's attached to her, the "signs" could be wrong, we will see the next chapter on how he handles the rapist.

The rapist gets normal punishment deserving of a rapist -> Sounds ok, not a Yandere
The rapist gets brutally punished with hints of torture and personal vengeance -> I think he's a Yandere

Mmm... My definition of yandere is not that. If someone attempted to rape my fiancee or wife then I'd want nothing less than blood, 'cause ya know... rape. I consider that within the normal range of emotions for a spouse.

But if he thinks "Only I can rape my fiancee!" in the next chapter, then okay... I'll agree to yandere.

Dex-chan lover
Mmm... My definition of yandere is not that. If someone attempted to rape my fiancee or wife then I'd want nothing less than blood, 'cause ya know... rape. I consider that within the normal range of emotions for a spouse.

But if he thinks "Only I can rape my fiancee!" in the next chapter, then okay... I'll agree to yandere.

Oh you misunderstood me, when I said "normal punishment deserving of a rapist", especially raping the fiancee of a prince, I would consider a beheading to be an acceptable normal punishment. So yes, the prince can see all the blood.

If the rapist got a fate worse than death, for example locked up in a dungeon, starving and tortured as he sees people close to him also tortured and dies one by one in front of him while he himself is kept alive. Death is sometime more kind than being unable to die.

Fed-Kun's army

I still dont feel that he’s attached to her in way that you described as yandere, its more in a way that a normal fiancé who adored/admired this known beauty in his country & overjoyed to the fact that this known beauty is his soon-to-be wife.

If you read the manga from chapter 1, his expression are ranged only from “wow this girl is so beautiful” to “i must protect her from people who treat her the wrong way”, there’s no even a slight hint of yandere, which if he is as you think he is, his thought bubble would range from “i must have this woman” to “i dont want her to be close with other people except me” which is not the case with this ML.

All in all, even in the golden retriever-type of Male Leads, this manga’s ML is in the green-flag category. because even some of ML in this type sometimes shown an overly possesive side, but this ML really dont show anything more than admiration & willingness to protect his fiancee.

Also, if someone torture a rapist, especially if the victim is someone close to them, even moreso if the victim is a loved one, that doesnt mean that person is a yandere. if anything i question somebody who is not willing to go to hell to protect their loved ones. If he only gave that rapist a normal punishment, then that person is a coward.

Dex-chan lover
I still dont feel that he’s attached to her in way that you described as yandere, its more in a way that a normal fiancé who adored/admired this known beauty in his country & overjoyed to the fact that this known beauty is his soon-to-be wife.

If you read the manga from chapter 1, his expression are ranged only from “wow this girl is so beautiful” to “i must protect her from people who treat her the wrong way”, there’s no even a slight hint of yandere, which if he is as you think he is, his thought bubble would range from “i must have this woman” to “i dont want her to be close with other people except me” which is not the case with this ML.

All in all, even in the golden retriever-type of Male Leads, this manga’s ML is in the green-flag category. because even some of ML in this type sometimes shown an overly possesive side, but this ML really dont show anything more than admiration & willingness to protect his fiancee.

Also, if someone torture a rapist, especially if the victim is someone close to them, even moreso if the victim is a loved one, that doesnt mean that person is a yandere. if anything i question somebody who is not willing to go to hell to protect their loved ones. If he only gave that rapist a normal punishment, then that person is a coward.

Interesting views, can't wait for more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
So will she ever stop being just a damsel in distress?? Men talk to her while he doesn't want that? GIRL YOU ARE THE PRINCE'S FIANCEE, YOU HAVE MORE POWER THAT THEM.
A man tried to rape her? Don't say yell or even try to, i dunno, destroy his nuts, just silently pray that you will be saved.

Users who are viewing this thread