The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - The Villainess Goes on a Hunt (Second Part)

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia
Most don't understand it but since humans live nearby they had to lower or eradicate the predators of the area so the hunting is taken at specific times of the year for population control of the prey species on the area.
It is both a "game" and a necessity.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia With no natural predators around in modern forest hunting as a form of population control is necessary to maintain a population as otherwise there is overgrazing which leads to starvation. Also having an animal live out its life in the wild is better than inside a cage don't you think? Besides the majority of hunters try to kill humanely with a single shot.

Fed-Kun's army
Treat Astrid as a gremlin, not a human and her proportions make sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Serverclosed probably
something happened to her cousin. Since she loves her so much, that's the only thing I can think of that can push her to such extreme

Double-page supporter
This is taking a while sooo. Yeah. Will still follow

Really appreciate the crank loader for the crossbow though I am also curious if any of the nobility have some strengthening skills to shoot heavy bows.

And now comes the chapter where she runs into a monster that shouldn't be there and defeats it on her own.

Dex-chan lover
Precision hunting range with modern hunting crossbows is 40 meters, sure. Danger range from cranequin crossbows is more like 400 meters though.
http://www.thebeckoning.com/medieval/crossbow/cross_l_v_c.html

She can still outshoot them by either keeping a greater distance or by automatic fire before they get around to shooting. (Because just because they could kill her at range doesn't mean they have to think they can try.)
But detection magic (sense killing intent) should probably be on her shopping list. If they can close on before she gets to shoot them, she can still die to an inferior weapon.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan
@Dagger
Regardless of whether it's necessary overall, you and I both know that's not why hunters do it. The fact of the matter is, it's taking pleasure in the act of killing, and there's a difference between distasteful necessity (food or population control) and simply doing it for fun. The fact that it's a hobby instead of a job (compare to a slaughterhouse) is proof of that.
That (aside from the arrogant, selfish entitlement of every hunter I've had to deal with, especially the blatant and persistent disregard for private property) is the main reason I object to hunting.

Dex-chan lover
@anon763
It doesn't matter the reason something is done as long as it is done the result is what defines whether it is a good or bad thing.
You can wallow on morals as much as you want but it doesn't means anything.

Dex-chan lover
Usagi-saaaan!
It's a shame it won't be adorable as soon as inevitable timeskip comes.

Users who are viewing this thread