The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower - Vol. 2 Ch. 19 - The Villainess Takes to the Sky (second part)

Aggregator gang
WTF do you mean aircraft didn't change tide of war in WWI it practically change everything about how people fight war, she is just a weapons otaku and doesn't know sh!t about military doctrines.

Dex-chan lover
Flying Gun Jet Loli Bomber. At that speed she needed a windshield or helmet though.

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact: Having a pair of jet engines carry you around like that, no matter how low-thrust, would absolutely obliterate you due to an impressive number of reasons, especially if you're just wearing a dress and even with that type of body reinforcement shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
It’s been a while since I saw a MC so eager to face a death flag...
And gnome is right. I’m not sure they even have hot air balloons.

Double-page supporter
@Owyn Well she kinda seems like the "gun enthusiast version" of Tanya unless Astrid decides to go to war with this stuff

Hohoho. I wonder who her next victims... volunteers would be?

Aggregator gang
Gnome: this will end the world
MC: I wont tell anybody about it
Gnome: ok cool have fun
yeah sure lets go with that

@Hell_Satan and @twinklecake I know right? This manga is annoying me a bit with it's nonsensicalness. I mean I can see the author is trying to make up for it with a few moments of rationality (the gnome) but that is nowhere near enough. Buuuuuut whatever, I'm gonna keep reading and see if I can enjoy it since I share her enthusiasm for guns and war tactics (though I have a feeling she has no clue about the latter if she thought flight didn't impact the world wars)

She is becomming more like tanya the evil every chapter, and I for one look forward to it

Dex-chan lover
WW1 wasn't dictated by aircraft, the author is right about that in the west at the start of the war you still had horse charges what majorly changed the way the war was faught were MG's actually.
Flight was a fledgling technology at the start of the war people barely knew what to do with it to be honest, most of the time at the start of the war aircraft were mostly used for reconnaissance, now did it have an impact? It absolutely did, it quickly evolved into what people think about WW1 if they think about fighter aircraft in WW1.

Both sides had access to aircraft in WW1 though which is a bit of a difference between WW1 and this setting.
Introducing flight to a world where it doesn't look like guns exist by a person that knows how to use it is completely different than what happened in WW1.
I mean bieng able to bomb infantry formations from the air whilst practically bieng uncontested is a wetdream for warcrime enthusiasts.

Dex-chan lover
Gnome is quite quick on trusting her words about those weapons of mass destruction she is creating on this world.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh god, why.... how.... It's turned out to be what exactly I expected. It's a fvckin' jet engine with wings, it even closer to a rocket than a plane given how small the wings are.... Also, even if she use wind magic to lessen air resistance, she doesn't have gravity magic to lessen the G. And if the machine accelerate a lot, I don't even know which would get destroyed first, her body or the "backpack strap".

And she dares to call herself an military/gun otaku while doesn't even know what her tools can bring to a war balance? Isn't that the point of gun enthusiast, understand how a weapon or machine is awesome because it can disturb the status quo? Sure plane technology doesn't change WW I very much, but if I was sent back to medieval era as a strategist, I would sell myself as a slave to get myself an hot air balloon. It's just that critical to get a good view of situation and not playing a blind chess.

I do enjoy the story, but this mishmash of fantasy and modern tech is just asked to be commented.

Dammit guys stop speedreading for once, this isn't only about jetpacks but from the shotgun creation uncle gnome had been warning astrid and since she also had to tell maids not carelessly put your face in the muzzle and the hunt episode (all used crossbow but astrid) this world is like zero no tsukaima (bar air doctrine) where due magic several tecnologies hasn't even been invented yet thus they are stuck in chivalry era just before wildspead of muskets.

Supporter
Jet engines are a surprisingly simple invention, once you realize the underlying principles. From how I understand it, it functions on basic thermodynamics, as in, heated air is more spread out, thus being more buoyant in areas with higher air density. Think of it as hot air balloons that are constantly farting. I think the fans are there to ensure air travels one way in the heated chambers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
@Diamona Rather than ensure the air travels one way, it's more to get as much air as possible to the compression chamber. The hot air will naturally goes one way to the back given there's nothing there, it's open space. It just like hot air balloon, You pump hot air from below, and once you open the top valve (some balloons have those, to control altitude), the air naturally goes out from there, because there's no pressure outside that valve.

Users who are viewing this thread