The Villainess's Stationery Shop - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
The currency doesn't really make sense.....
The author said that the average annual income of a 4-person household is 4000 beckrels (ch.1)
So, the duke giving the MC 200 millions beckrels already make her a billionaire in our world. She didn't even have to work anymore.
and she said that the cost of renovating the house is 100 millions beckrel. How fucking rich is the wizard??

holy shit

Dex-chan lover
The currency doesn't really make sense.....
The author said that the average annual income of a 4-person household is 4000 beckrels (ch.1)
So, the duke giving the MC 200 millions beckrels already make her a billionaire in our world. She didn't even have to work anymore.
and she said that the cost of renovating the house is 100 millions beckrel. How fucking rich is the wizard??

holy shit
good point. I didnt originally see the 4,000 average income before so when i saw "wasted 10 billion" i translated that to 10 million since korean currency to USD is roughly 1000 to 1. And a super rich family wasting 10 mil on one member sounds very plausible.

But ur right, that 4k average doesnt make any sense in this context lol. Maybe it was supposed to be 400k? but making 4k USD a year is also not great. Unless we are talking about a wage gap so large not even the french revolution holds a candle. And I seriously doubt the story is going in that direction.

I can only imagine it was mistranslated or the author has no clue about how their own currency system works lol

Dex-chan lover
To add to the old convo, she said 4k was average which meant people earned less then that too.... I'm guessing they have serfs in this setting?

I just think it wasnt thought of properly and bad world building.

Dex-chan lover
This is why you don't spell exact numbers in your stories unless you've 100% triple-checked it

It also doesn't make much sense that she will lose her nobility title, if she choses to abandon her Father family, she would be dropped from her father's name and take only her mother family name, so like, why the need to get "nobility" back lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread