The Viridescent Tiara

I used to really like this series and one of the things was that the romance was sorta removed now that is becoming a bit bigger and the dynamic of the leads as siblings, even when they keep saying they do not behave as such, keeps bugging me. I know they technically are not but the taboo-not-really-taboo just gets to me. -__________- I just can't separate them as not really siblings and
when the ML just picks her up and she says nothing even when it should be inappropriate (she's in a night gown and at night) or when she jumped to his arms when he arrived at the city in front of people
, I just want to scream.

@erasn what, they went all lovey dovey out in public? Have they no shame? Is nobody concerned about their relationship even though their siblings?

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount if the parents are married they are siblings. Even if they’re not blood related they should not be doing as they do. It is really sickening when authors make stories with relationships like this one. Just because their not blood-related does not justify the fact that it is still wrong and unethical.

@Lovesssweets if two people, whos parents married, never met each other until they were adults, are they siblings? Te title is there, step-siblings, but are they even? Have they ever interacted as siblings, or thought of each other as one? Not really.

If you arent blood related, dont grow together (childhood), dont even met, not even think of each other as siblings..... they are not siblings.

The only thing they have in common is that their parents lived together, not them.

Its even depicted in the story, the fl only calls him his brother as an excuse to what shes doing, she does it to not get killed. The ml only calls her because of the title, he even says he never thought of her as one. None of them consider the other as a sibling, and distrust each other while maintaining appareances..... then the relationship develops.

I understand what you mean tho, i was very disappointed when i learned about it, but i guess that it is what sells.

guys i can name a million more manga/manhua titles that are so much worse than this. just enjoy the story

Group Leader
@Anime1121 lol honestly not suprising IT got changed. Like what the author was even thinking? " Yeah it's fine , let's gangrape the FL the readers Will love IT" but the author has a fetish of rape attempts and stuff just look at the author a other work.

I mean this is set back to around the early modern ages in a monarchy so incest marriages aren't that uncommon, I mean look at the Habsburg

guys there's literally no incest and they didn't even grow up together and the fl is from another world. they're barely even recognised as a family in public but rather as rivals for the lachia head position. they're step siblings at most. anyway if you dont enjoy this just don't read it, it's easy as that!

it's kinda disturbing how incest is so normalised in this manhwa.
tho their siblingship can still be reannounce into simply strangers, since ran isnt a lachia, but the fact that they mentioned that their cousin the male attempted to rape her, or if not their female cousin to marry the ml which is just highly unjustifiable. but then, considering the tl ig it's plausible 🧍🏻‍♀️
but im still curious how this thing will go

I'd have an easier time enjoying the romance between Ran and Yus if not for their step-sibling relationship, ngl. Put aside the deep puddle that is the descussion about whether or not it's incest or morally incorrect, I'm more confused about what Ran is thinking or rather why she's so oblivious to it when she's supposed to be- yk smart I guess. ..The dude's doing all this cliche romantic stuff and she's there like "haha, we're family, no big deal" intense sweating

@Roushe

A) There's Sheena who has yet to crop her head up. Aka Ran sees her as the FL.

B) Ran still hasn't wrapped her brain around the fact that she's LIVING in this world now, she's still mentally trying to come to grips that her story wasn't her story and that this is a REAL world.

C) Doesn't know if Yus will end up killing her for some unforeseeable reason in the future. She thinks his actions are merely courtesy to the max as long as she does her job as temporary head. So she's shutting him out and not even trying to entertain that kind of probability. Atm she's definitely treating him like a brother. She doesn't really instigate any romantic overtures or actions. So far it's just platonic sisterly on her part.

D) Being smart =/= being emotionally aware. She has picked up on some of it, but once again isn't really pursuing that line due to reasons in C.

It's not incest if you're only siblings by paper. Incest is when biologically related individuals are attracted to each other romantically. That goes for your father, mother, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, and all types of cousin from every level of consanguinity.

Users who are viewing this thread