The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 11 Ch. 163 - A Blacksmith's Determination

Dex-chan lover
Ending when nothing substantial is resolved is a terrible ending, no matter what. The premise of this was awesome, as blacksmith-centric things tend to be super rare (stories that are at least slightly interesting, anyway), but man was it squandered. All of his upgrades felt sudden, everything devolved into NUH UH and ending with the MC winning effortlessly, and the sudden asspull of him making a perfect replica of a holy weapon didn't feel deserved at all. If this was meant to get me interested in continuing the story in the light novel, it failed spectacularly. If the manga ended earlier before the harem got out of control, I would've been pissed that the story I was led to read ended up becoming this.

Once again, my hope for a dull series to get a decent ending is crushed. Wish authors and editors would stop making bad endings and cliffhangers.

Dex-chan lover
That was abrupt, kind of expected more or at least a time skip showing Relius as an adult or at least who he ended up with rather than this open ending

Dex-chan lover
Curious to know if any source readers would shed some light if there is more to the story after this? It didn't have that go read the source material ending but it felt a bit lackluster. I mean it is great that he is aware of Phila's feelings for him & will think about it but of course Lynn is another girl he always liked. Anyways the story itself was basically junk food, bad for you but turn off your brain & enjoy the ride (especially if it gets an anime adaption but a lot series have been getting them oddly). Poor Mear she didn't even get to really talk but at least her chibi form was cute enough to acknowledge that she was there. Thanks for translating this to the end & hope the artist gets another title to work on.

Last edited:
Ending when nothing substantial is resolved is a terrible ending, no matter what. The premise of this was awesome, as blacksmith-centric things tend to be super rare (stories that are at least slightly interesting, anyway), but man was it squandered. All of his upgrades felt sudden, everything devolved into NUH UH and ending with the MC winning effortlessly, and the sudden asspull of him making a perfect replica of a holy weapon didn't feel deserved at all. If this was meant to get me interested in continuing the story in the light novel, it failed spectacularly. If the manga ended earlier before the harem got out of control, I would've been pissed that the story I was led to read ended up becoming this.

Once again, my hope for a dull series to get a decent ending is crushed. Wish authors and editors would stop making bad endings and cliffhangers.
I read the light novel like a year ago, and this manga and the novel have pretty much nothing in common apart from the characters and the magic system. There are completely different arcs and MC is a deeper character than manga MC. Also the main love interest is always the childhood friend as he spends most of the tome thinking about her. The novel is really really good, but the pace is kind of slow, however the plot is really interesting, the first chapters of the manga are what I enjoyed most and that is the only thing based on the novel.

Users who are viewing this thread