The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 11 Ch. 163 - A Blacksmith's Determination

Dex-chan lover
I would like to praise this ultimately pointless, unsatisfying manga for one it did do very well; the thing that got me to start reading it in the first place, in fact.

"Oh no, I'm A Generally Looked-Down On Or Widely Regarded As Weak Class, But Actually It's Gamebreakingly OP and I Get All The Girls Also" is a pretty well-worn cliche of a setting by now. But I loved how the story started, where Relius becomes a blacksmith, it's supposed to be the worst, most useless class... but then it turns out to be so extremely, obviously overpowered that Relius and everyone he comes into contact with have the same reaction: "Wait, why were we told this class was bad when it is quite blatantly infinitely useful? This makes no sense at all, something else is clearly going on here."

That was unique, an interesting story hook, and a great way of dealing with the entire dumbass setup where, yeah, it does make no sense that an entire society scorns a class that turns anyone who possesses it into a walking god. Well done on that opening. Shame about how it ended up.
Yeah, it is one thing when the character has one skill that needs creativity to be OP, or a rare one that seems weak. But "everyone knows it is worthless" like this one, that one about an alchemist prince, that one about the whole branch of creation magic...
This one at least they explained it properly.

Another one I read once, forgot where, is one where the "weak class" is actually the base class before specializing and everyone just would rather go for others with a "proper" class, but in the end that one was more like a Magikarp Power class where after a few lackluster levels no one bothered living through you unlock the true powers.
But that setting is only appliable for the "you choose your class among the list you have the capacity for", unlike this "you are born in your class".

Dex-chan lover
The ending could have been a lot better, shame it got discontinued and just went kinda slapstick near the end. Thanks for the scanlations, see you next series! 🥰

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This series unfortunately overstayed its welcome.

The excessive addition of new girls to a harem that effectively barely existed and MC just not even looking at them as anything beyond friends. The harem shit literally like was more than the actual plot I feel like which was ok at best. I don't even think I liked any of the girls and the poor childhood friend like got shafted, she had like no real appearances considering she was the main motivation for MC lol.

Also the church was actually fucking right blacksmiths were actually a cursed class considering the last one fucked shit up by making the blue stones lmfao.

MC not actually making anything, just copypasting shit when the previous blacksmiths actually made stuff is garbage too fuck outta here you ain't no blacksmith you a damn 3d printer. I will say I liked his armored powerups and combat style which turned into Unlimited Blade Works I will say.

Was there even a main antagonist of any sort actually lmao I don't actually think there was any so I'm not even sure if there is any further conflict to resolve past this point. This series was an unfocused mess sadly from start to finish and def like wore me out to finish, which sucks cause I like mcs that craft weapons.

Dex-chan lover
This series unfortunately overstayed its welcome.

The excessive addition of new girls to a harem that effectively barely existed and MC just not even looking at them as anything beyond friends. The harem shit literally like was more than the actual plot I feel like which was ok at best. I don't even think I liked any of the girls and the poor childhood friend like got shafted, she had like no real appearances considering she was the main motivation for MC lol.

Also the church was actually fucking right blacksmiths were actually a cursed class considering the last one fucked shit up by making the blue stones lmfao.

MC not actually making anything, just copypasting shit when the previous blacksmiths actually made stuff is garbage too fuck outta here you ain't no blacksmith you a damn 3d printer. I will say I liked his armored powerups and combat style which turned into Unlimited Blade Works I will say.

Was there even a main antagonist of any sort actually lmao I don't actually think there was any so I'm not even sure if there is any further conflict to resolve past this point. This series was an unfocused mess sadly from start to finish and def like wore me out to finish, which sucks cause I like mcs that craft weapons.
You have a great point, he did nothing, he just copied things. Improved versions, but it was not even he that created the improvements.
Even the few skills he gained to enchant were barely used besides adding to himself during his power-up.

And the antagonist... if you think about it, the previous blacksmith was the antagonist all along. He caused the whole issue in the first place.
The church pushed them down, and thus the MC, because of the evil he did.
What evil? Creating the three big threats the story is about, and probably also the minor threats. Which were barely a few chapters of fight, and even only took that long because it was just a few pages per "chapter", and after their defeat... what?

Story probably ended here (not an axe here since people are saying LN ended at the same point) exactly because after that all we have is harem and politic antics.
It's over. Go home.

Fed-Kun's army
That. Was. Not. A. Romance... or a harem.... if no feelings are reciprocated withing the contents of the story, it is not either of those

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for TL-ing this series till the end
It's mid to me but enjoyable nonetheless

Aggregator gang
Don't know how I missed the last few chapters, but this was as lackluster as non-endings gets.

it was A ending....
but was it the best ending? NOT BY A LONGSHOT
2/10 ending in my opinion, they could have done SOOO much more! altho, i couldnt help but notice how similar the MCs' ability(in combat) is similar to to a certain "fate" series(UNLIMITED BLADEWORKS)!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks For The Translation.
Manga Was really mid, started really well but became worst as the chapter went by.
Ngl starting to get fed up about those mcs being denser then obsidian and not choosing any love interest. From what i heard the LN is absolutely not like this so ig it's just an adaptation issue.
Not much more to say, maybe one time i'll read the novel.
Wpgg :thumbsup:

Why is it that whenever a manga ends with an unclear harem ending, especially when there's a major love declaration being interrupted by the rest of said harem, I hear the Love Hina theme play in my head?

Users who are viewing this thread