The Wicked Queen

There's a lot of hate on the FL and like I get it, I do, but you're also acting like all the other women presented in this are virtuous and not conniving snakes. I personally like her. She isn't weak nor is she fake. Eon on the other hand, has done nothing to even remotely get me to like him. I would prefer to see her with the guy who actually saw her value and thought she was cute, but she 99% likely ends up with the prince. I'm not that far into it, but I'm kind of already ready to drop cause Eon doesn't deserve even an ounce of her love. He's childish, unremarkable, and self-righteous. I truly don't want to see her waste her time on and energy on someone like him.

Edit: I should clarify that I meant if she must end up with someone, I would prefer to see her with that guy. I wholeheartedly would love and would prefer to see her push all the men out of power and be an empress who runs everything herself.

The only thing that I dislike about this is the fact that is f*cks with my emotional state.. Yet that is one of the things that makes it good..

Aahhhhhh~ it's different so I love it but WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL. I FEEL EVERY EMOTION AT THE SAME TIME. HELP.

Dear Emperor, F*** off!

Hyeonbi, you go girl! Don't come back to the hellish palace. You deserve a better man. Let them fall in love of they want to. Go get a handsome and lovable man. And btw, you don't need to be a white lotus to be loved by many. They're bunch of hypocrites anyway.

Group Leader
Awww so cute. They literally deserve eachother

Spoiled rich girl who thinks she has it the worst in the world and asshole ML

The emporor wants someone he can read, and the empress wants to be loved but dosent want to be potrayed as weak, although..her methods and his highness methods butt heads to heads with eachother making me dislike yet like them both. Will say i empathise more with her highness

I’m confused does the author even WANT us to like the main characters? Because so far everyone’s kind of acting like an asshole and there’s not a single character I like, not even the maids. I’m gonna drop this.

39 chapters of what?? the emperors an ass and the female lead is a moody, possessive, self pitying brat?

After reading all the possible things I can even find online. I must say...couple counseling wont work with them either. Not with the way the other characters think, but if its in that era...I think its inevitable.

If anyone likes a good angst long burn, this is the read for them.

Here are most of the things I can gleam from the spoilers I read:
1. The webcomic versions must have a different ending and flow from the webnovel. So the ending I saw where Li died by burning, either happens or not. Either way, she does.
2. Ahn Won was never a strong character to begin with, she is just righteous and unique in the palace with weirdo's. What she does have is her desire to be with Eon, intentional or otherwise (I say intentional because I did not read the source material, and its a wide shit show of explained translations out there). Which makes her a villain to Li.
3. The SML might be Ahn Wons personal guard?
4. Eon is really slow for a strong bull headed character. But his hate and love line for Li is so thin that its easily mistaken as either.
5. Songsong, Li's father, never understood how to treat Li. Duh.
6. The man Li lives with 'outside' the palace might be a different servant, it was never stressed if it was either gender.
There are other ones, I just feel like stressing these ones.

I really like the Empress. Even though she is vicious I still like her, I'm in her side!

Looking forward for the next update 😁😘

The FL is wicked, selfish, all that bad stuff. The ML is dishonest with himself & probably will continue to do so for a long-long time. But don't drop this just yet. They're not perfect but it is an interesting flaw that will make this story even better. Trust me. Here's why (with a minor spoiler).

The FL is a lonely girl who just happens to grow up to be wicked as that is how she always gets her attention. She is to some extent allowed to be that wicked because she's the daughter of the grand councillor & the royal fucking consort, so why not? And i love how the author (up to ch 40) never justifies her wickedness yet make us understand that it's just her way to not be lonely. No she didn't think she's the most miserable thing in the world, that's just your prejudice. If she does, she wouldn't even do those wicked things. She would just go straight to his father & the emperor and just straight up cry.

The ML... well we still haven't really get his back story but, you want him to fall head over heals to her? Just because she's actually miserable & lonely to some extent? what a shallow character he is then. Or, do you just want to throw him to the deepest part of hell, screw him? Why can't he hate her for being so wicked? Because she's actually miserable & lonely to some extent? what a shallow character he is too then! He's the fucking emperor, of course he don't want to lose to her and her wickedness. He is someone that values kindness in women. He constantly hopes for her to not be wicked and settle down be pretty. What this also means is that he's still in some way attached to her though he never admits it. Maybe it's what we're hoping for, maybe it's not.

They are complex, flawed character but still make sense, and the author (& translator) make sure that this is conveyed properly with proper back story & actions that make sense. This one of the hallmark of a great story telling. Don't drop this if you think the characters are ONLY selfish & hateful. You're also missing out a lot if you only look for perfect characters with a perfect story & perfect anything, that's just candy. (not that i don't like candy lol)

I've read till chapter 98. No spoiler guys it's seriously depressing imo. I feel pity for the FL. You will understand why she acts like a wicked queen.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, this story is already fully finished. I believe it differs from its novel version at the end (according to everyone), soo... keep reading.

Users who are viewing this thread