The Woman Who Messes With My Emotions (2022) - Ch. 14

Supporter
Y'know. . . . . . I know hes a shy lad probably with a very few next to none experience talking with lass in his past. But uhhh . . . . It just pains me to see him, an adult, being an indecisive high school dense protagonist. But thats just my bias.

Anywho, thanks as always for the sl, RadeonScans!
He's worse at this than a high school kid, because he's had years of adult life to cement all his insecurities in place.

Also note that he's not /actually/ that dense - he's not particularly good at it, but he's picking up a certain amount of the hints Azusa is throwing out. He's choosing to ignore them or discount them, though, because he thinks there's no way they could be real. Or because he thinks there's no way they could possibly be something /he/ could follow through on, even if they were real. Or because even if he /tried/ to follow through on them, they couldn't possibly work out well because /he's/ involved - the Netflix and chill thing is a perfect example, if Azusa started doing things that suggested she was going to actually try and jump him he'd panic and start trying to avoid it because he's convinced he'd fuck it all up totally.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for him, to be honest - I've been in kind of the same position (though with less of the crazy - that experience came in a /later/ fucked up relationship), and it's not great. In fact, the only way I managed to make any progress was by getting completely hammered, which I /really/ can't recommend for this particular use case . . . It also doesn't really make any difference to the underlying problems, so even after making a bit of progress I still managed to self-sabotage what could have been a moderately healthy relationship.

Dex-chan lover
He's worse at this than a high school kid, because he's had years of adult life to cement all his insecurities in place.

Also note that he's not /actually/ that dense - he's not particularly good at it, but he's picking up a certain amount of the hints Azusa is throwing out. He's choosing to ignore them or discount them, though, because he thinks there's no way they could be real. Or because he thinks there's no way they could possibly be something /he/ could follow through on, even if they were real. Or because even if he /tried/ to follow through on them, they couldn't possibly work out well because /he's/ involved - the Netflix and chill thing is a perfect example, if Azusa started doing things that suggested she was going to actually try and jump him he'd panic and start trying to avoid it because he's convinced he'd fuck it all up totally.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for him, to be honest - I've been in kind of the same position (though with less of the crazy - that experience came in a /later/ fucked up relationship), and it's not great. In fact, the only way I managed to make any progress was by getting completely hammered, which I /really/ can't recommend for this particular use case . . . It also doesn't really make any difference to the underlying problems, so even after making a bit of progress I still managed to self-sabotage what could have been a moderately healthy relationship.
Shockingly well reasoned and nuanced opinion that accurately shows the difference between density and insecurity. Nowadays the latter is depressingly far more common than the former, and it clearly emotionally resonates with many. Which is sad, because no one should be this insecure, but at the same time, life sucks, so what are you gonna do.

Dex-chan lover
Man.. She's literally gives off major red flag energy

She is, but it isn't the kind of red flag that can't be helped. It's just something common in people who a both inexperienced and lacking in self-confidence. It can always be talked about, though with a guy this emotionally inept, he would just make it worse

Dex-chan lover
Need to drop the seemingly manipulative one for the one you at least have something in common with.

Dex-chan lover
She is, but it isn't the kind of red flag that can't be helped. It's just something common in people who a both inexperienced and lacking in self-confidence. It can always be talked about, though with a guy this emotionally inept, he would just make it worse
I mean.. we don't know, if she's 'inexperienced', since she already talked about him barely knowing anything about her, so how could he judge they're world apart.

She could be 'experienced' for all we know

Dex-chan lover
Here I come to place my bet. Azusa-san can plan some other people to be present: her brother, for example, or if/when she learns about Amatella's invite, she could invite her to join them. This way it can turn into relatively safe evening, dedicated to watching films, talking and knowing each other better.
Still, I don't like Amatella's behavior. I doubt she'll get completely derailed, judging by the tone of this work (in contrast to some other between author's works), but she will bring a lot of trouble into MC's life, like an adhd child who needs to be taken care of. And I don't like that because that will steal "screen time" from our main ship. I am here mostly to see the woman that messes with the emotions of this introvert (and mine too)

Anyway, I'd like to thank good sir for the translation. We've caught to the raws, so...is it monthly manga? A month is so long...

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of annoying that this insufferable MC has the choice between a hot yandere gf and a cute degenerate gf...
Also I'd choose the first in a jiffy.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I suppose with this we've fully caught up with the elements used in the pre-serialisation, considering the final page had a similar "I'll be rooting for you" scene after he pulls a lie to 'put on airs'.

This was a decent mini-binge, too bad 6 months worth of catching up amounts to this little.

I don't understand why he's being indecisive regarding who to see, weekends have two days, he can just see the other on Saturday and the other on Sunday
Like, literally. The weekend isn’t one day. It is his brain too slow to comprehend that?

The comment section reeks of people with the same insecurities as the guy, moreso when to this point, all the redflags are just the girl being flirty with him and the guy panicking over that.

Double-page supporter
The comment section reeks of people with the same insecurities as the guy, moreso when to this point, all the redflags are just the girl being flirty with him and the guy panicking over that.
And all the people ignoring the blatantly unhealthy red flags of the others just because “they have the same hobbies”…
She‘s so obsessed she cross referenced social media relationships to find his main account… she obsessed with him since she was underage. And with their age gap, it makes it weird. Her favorite scene in the book series they both like was when the female lead got controlled and abused the male lead… and she was very young, and that definitely left an imprint.

Meanwhile, main woman have bean teasing, yes, but she did make the MC GROW. All her teasing ultimately push him toward being able to share what’s in his mind. And I think she know what she is doing there. Heck, that movie night she proposed… she wants them both to know more about each other. Because he assumed they were worlds apart without trying to know her...

so yeah, from what we know right now, new girl looks like it would get unhealthy fast, and main woman would be more likely to become healthy, if it does start. (Not yet guaranteed, right now we only know they liked the same random book. This movie night will be a good opportunity to check if they have other compatible tastes.

Dex-chan lover
wow. rereading this and i want to judo throw mc. the baddest girl you will ever meet at least has enough interest to invite you to hang out AT HER PLACE as you dont jump on that opportunity immediately? you fool? you goddamn retard? i would work 80-hour work weeks until i die to be able to come home to her (lie)

Aggregator gang
Where do these crazy cray cray come from?? I'd like to know for academic purposes, so that I won't be encountering them.

Dex-chan lover
People are really judgmental of the main girl for some reason. She doesn't come across as crazy, there aren't really any red flags, she's just being flirty. The otaku chick seems way more unhinged. Even if you completely put their respective sex appeal aside, I would definitely go for the blonde girl any day of the week, seems much more likely to result in a less mentally taxing relationship. Sending 40 messages, deleting them again when you don't get an immediate response and then wallowing in self-pity, now that's a red flag if ever I've seen one.

Users who are viewing this thread