The World After 5 Minutes - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Decision to Protect

Contributor
Looks like Michiru is only half the girl she used to be.

I'll see myself out.

Dex-chan lover
that "i love u" its gonna make his friend jealous and will turn into sasuke soon

cgr

Dex-chan lover
I'm really amazed that she was able to talk so much despite losing over half her body (and probably her heart), normal human biology is amazing in this world

Fed-Kun's army
This is exciting. I wonder if him jumping to the past will happen at the end of the series or if would continue after that. And those monsters are so fucking weird. It gives me vibes from the first time I saw AOT.

Contributor
If the author was gonna have her give an entire speech he could've atleast made the wound a little less extreme lol. Also i feel like the brother didnt like that confession at all.

Dex-chan lover
@cgr
I'm really amazed that she was able to talk so much despite losing over half her body (and probably her heart), normal human biology is amazing in this world
...I'm more concerned about where you learned that biologically the human heart is located right above the hips...

She probably survived a mere minute or two (it seriously wouldn't have taken her long at all to say those lines). In which, it's plausible to live that long before succumbing to blood loss. The real problem would be from the massive trauma to the CNS/spinal cord and the immense pain. In which case I severely doubt she'd be able to do much more than twitch and flail and maybe scream or vocalize. Assuming she was even still conscious, which is again somewhat unlikely.

Then again, there have been cases where someone was even shot in the head (and survived) and was somewhat responsive (the 2011 shooting/attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords comes to mind). But, admittedly, those are outliers and extremely lucky situations where the trauma happened to just the right areas of the brain to avoid death (and it was because of earlier cases like that of Phineas Gage that we got a better look into how the brain works, because although Gage survived his brain trauma from the railroad spike that shot into his head, it drastically changed his personality).

The human body is paradoxically incredibly tough and incredibly frail. Life and death and separated by a very thin line. And a few inches/centimeters makes all the difference in whether in likelihood of survival. Set up the right circumstances and something seemingly survivable is near-instant death and take someone that is just naturally more resilient and they might survive something unthinkable. Like Roy Benavidez, who, by modern medical science understanding, should've been dead several times over. And, in fact, the only reason he survived at all is because an Army doc that thought he was already dead and was about to zip him up in a body bag got spat in the face by Benavidez. Honestly, I think the Reaper was coming for him that day and the Angel of Death himself pissed himself silly in fear over the prospect of angering him and decided to come back when Benavidez wasn't expecting it.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@definitionofinsanity
She probably survived a mere minute or two (it seriously wouldn't have taken her long at all to say those lines).
she wasn't just talking by herself, they were conversing for 10 pages.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/474926/30 she started talking on the next page, page 31

https://mangadex.org/chapter/474926/41 page 41: end of conversation

that's way more than 2 minutes. even if you try your best to rehearse the entire conversation with a friend by speed-reading their lines, you'll probably still end up with 4~5 minutes.

I checked again, okay she probably didn't lose her heart, but whatever is below it.

Dex-chan lover
@cgr
that's way more than 2 minutes. even if you try your best to rehearse the entire conversation with a friend by speed-reading their lines, you'll probably still end up with 4~5 minutes.
...No. In fact I just read it out loud (in English, so it's going to be different than if it was Japanese). Even while reading both their lines, hers more slowly, and pausing a second at the ellipsis, I came out to about 2 minutes and 27 seconds. You're apply the time you're reading the manga and enjoying it to how long it would take in reality. I don't know how you'd be able to stretch that out to 5 minutes without just having like 30 seconds of silence between each conversation. It's entirely possible that this could've been less than 2 minutes if it were Japanese.

She doesn't have much dialogue at all in those pages. Neither does he. In fact the pauses between words and trying to slow down the speech are what eat up most of the time.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@definitionofinsanity
you're still talking as one person, have someone else act as yamamoto or michiru and converse to judge the total time.

I'm not interested in a prolonged 2-person debate, so if you want to debate further we need a third person to judge the time is takes.

Users who are viewing this thread